January 16, 201115 yr Author comment_495879 HZ is like a lifetime project lol, that one's an expensive one! I was tempted doing a efi setup on the Rolla, but I think I want to stick with using a carby, even though it's been giving me HEAPS of shit lately. Report
January 18, 201115 yr Author comment_496383 I am now the proud owner of a 1979 KE55 coupe :D Interior is like NEW, seriously. NEVER BEEN SMOKED IN! I'm pretty sure it's a 1 owner car too. Unfortunately it's an auto but at least it has original plates with rego :D It was hard to take photos in a krammed as car yard but I did what I could. Also worked on the Ke70 today, had the pip that was terribly recut and realigned redone by some exhaust guys in Laverton North. So, I'm getting the carby jetted and whatever it needs tomorrow. Hopefully it runs fine then :) Also I'm unsure as to whether the KE70 is for sale at the moment, if the right offer is made, it may very well go :D Cheers, Jake. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_496722 Nice pickup with the coupe! Dropped in today as I saw the beast at the workshop, seems it lives there without you from what in told! Tis looking the goods, still can't believe the size of that blower, it's half the size of mine! I had a thought, what are you doing ignition wise? Have you left it stock? At the very least you should back it right off to avoid killing it, I'm running a locked (no mechanical advance) 5k lecy dissy set at 20deg. I will be experimenting with my vac advance and less bade timing soon too, easier to start and good cruise economy but not enough timing to do damage under boost. And how much boost are you making? Will catch up with you one day! Jarrad Report
January 19, 201115 yr Author comment_496740 Nice pickup with the coupe! Dropped in today as I saw the beast at the workshop, seems it lives there without you from what in told! Tis looking the goods, still can't believe the size of that blower, it's half the size of mine! I had a thought, what are you doing ignition wise? Have you left it stock? At the very least you should back it right off to avoid killing it, I'm running a locked (no mechanical advance) 5k lecy dissy set at 20deg. I will be experimenting with my vac advance and less bade timing soon too, easier to start and good cruise economy but not enough timing to do damage under boost. And how much boost are you making? Will catch up with you one day! Jarrad Last time I changed the points before supercharging it, I think it was positive 11 or 15 was a few months back. Today I took it to Advanced Carbs in Maidstone and he found 2 vaccum leaks, which he fixed. He changed the idler circuits from 45-40 to 50-55. Took it for a few test drives was running heaps better, dunno how much boost yet, still ironing out some problems. After a few test drives there were some issues that were non carby related, he explained there's some electrical issues somewhere, so I changed the coil then ran out of time to do the points and condenser again. So it hasn't had the timing done yet :P By the way just asked the old man if you checked out the car, he said, "Not to my knowledge..." Cheers, Jake. Report
January 19, 201115 yr comment_496801 Just had a quick look with one of the guys from the front counter. Report
January 19, 201115 yr Author comment_496838 Just had a quick look with one of the guys from the front counter. Fair enough then. By the way, it's not the size of the blower it's how you use it. :P Report
January 21, 201115 yr Author comment_497190 The KE70 IS now for SALE! 3.5k as is, 3k without supercharger setup, but will include a supercharger. PM me or call/txt 0432655359 if you're keen, want some info, etc. Cheers, Jake. Report
March 13, 201115 yr comment_509611 Any updates on the tuning of the engine really interested in doing this conversion, Cheers Report
March 13, 201115 yr Author comment_509614 Any updates on the tuning of the engine really interested in doing this conversion, Cheers Haven't really touched tuning in like 2 months or something, I have some guy coming to look at it today. In my opinion it needs a dynno tune, but that's just me. Cheers, Jake. Report
March 22, 201115 yr Author comment_511938 I took this baby out for a spin tonight, first time in ages. Boy howdy does it smash my KE55 at the moment! Somebody buy a beast :P Cheers, Jake. Report
March 22, 201115 yr comment_511950 Bought my 5k today and doing this conversion exactly like yours but using sc12( got it for free :) ) with balanced everything, extractors all that fancy stuffs ! Expect me to rape you with Questions :D What Bhp or kw do you think you got guesstimate? Cheers Edited March 22, 201115 yr by Spencer Report
March 22, 201115 yr Author comment_511955 Bought my 5k today and doing this conversion exactly like yours but using sc12( got it for free :) ) with balanced everything, extractors all that fancy stuffs ! Expect me to rape you with Questions :D What Bhp or kw do you think you got guesstimate? Cheers Sounds sweet man, my next plan on the Coupe involves a T28 Turbo and SC14 Blower on a heavily worked 5k :D I'd be more then happy to help you out with whatever/however I can. I'm tempted to get it dyno tuned as a last present to her. If I had to guess, I'd say around 80ish RWKW's? Cheers, Jake. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now