Roll Cage For Ae71

ajm

well as the title suggests what have some of you done regarding a roll cage in a ae71 and would a ae86 bolt in cage fit?

and I'm in adelaide and if any1 knows of a good place to get one fabricated and how much in a ball park figure that would be great

thanks aj

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as the title suggests what have some of you done regarding a roll cage in a ae71 and would a ae86 bolt in cage fit?

and I'm in adelaide and if any1 knows of a good place to get one fabricated and how much in a ball park figure that would be great

thanks aj

Buddyparts in adelaide do weld in or bolt in cams approved roll cages to suit ke70/ae71

• 1 month later...

thanks aj

Bond Rollcages in Sydney will ship both weld in and bolt in CAMS compliant cages. They have templates for the AE71

Mine is a weld in, with additional crosses in Roof, Main Hoop, and cross side intrustion bars. $1150 Shipped to Wagga.

I'm not going to lie...but thats a fairly poor fit that ae86 cage in the that ae71 up there.

there are plenty of cage guys around that will do it properly and sign off the cams stuff at the same time.

given the time required and materials, that $1150 sounds pretty good. i got a quote for about 2k at one stage. i think that was through to the front strut mounts too though.

give these guys a call:

http://www.racefabricationsadelaide.communityguide.com.au/

first result from google of "roll cage adelaide"

$1150 Shipped to Wagga.

Keeping mind this is basically a kit shipped to your door. You will need to fit it.

I had a local fabricator do the install for me $500

Bond supplied all the detail for the CAMS form, just had to sign and submit it with the log book app when ready.

• 10 months later...

sorry to rip up such an old thread but why start a new one ?

how much weight is in a cage roughly ? say the $1150 one, just wondering as ive taken all the sound deadening out of my car and wanted to know if it was worth the weight loss to replace with a cage.

also whats involved in getting it signed off for CAMS approval ? does the car have to be taken some where? keepi9ng in mind i live in the middle of nowhere

Edited by dbr11k

google it.

weight: pipe weighs stuff all, its the shape that gives it its strength. a roll cage is an evenly distributed load as well, thus the weight would be a neglible effect. and generally you get a rollcage because you requrie it to enter a class, you can't avoid the weight, thus i would be ignoring the weight all together.

not to mention weight gain, will most likely be out weighed (exuse the pun!) by the effect of the increase in structural regidity of the car.