The 3Tc Into Corolla Thread

SLW42

Well i've had the shits with all the questions about 'will my 3tc fit into my kexx??', this thread is for all those questions to be answered instead of starting new threads asking the same questions over and over again

So question away ladies and gents, if you have a question post it in here and someone will end up answering it for you

Thanks.... Justin

Members dont see this ad

what ecu can i use on my 2tg? I wanna go efi, heard i can use a 4a computer this true

i wouldn't...

4a ecu's are for 4a's.

if the 2tg doesnt have a stocko ecu, you should go aftermarket. get a megasquirt they are cheap, not easy if you don't know what you are doing though.

i seen a post on some random site on a thread to do with 3tc engines and shit .. so the post was from someone at paradise racing he was saying that in one of there drag cars at a race the phuckt one of there 3tc engines so they dropped a stock block in and bolted the turbo of the old one and cranked it up to 25 psi and were doing 9.51 second runs in it then the next week at there home town track or something they had it 20 psi and did 5 runs at 10.20 seconds and then they manage to crack a piston...................... then he went on to saying that some of the 3tc internal like the crankshaft are forged stock ??????????????????? i thought this was interesting whats people opinons on it

You can still use the standard dizzy and just get a fuel only computer.

If you want spark controll, Jaycar do a kit that you can adjust the timing, dwell etc with points type ignition.

All you need to make it an efi is an map/afm sensor, oxy sensor and TPS. If you want more accuracy you can rig up a CAS.

• 6 months later...

what crossmember should i use for a 13tu/ 3tc in a ke70. and its not the ae71 one x member. the starter motor hits the firewall. id rather swap x members than start bashing shit. ke70 x member, with t18 mounts?

any knowledge from someone whos done this? thanks lads!

what crossmember should i use for a 13tu/ 3tc in a ke70. and its not the ae71 one x member. the starter motor hits the firewall. id rather swap x members than start bashing shit. ke70 x member, with t18 mounts?

any knowledge from someone whos done this? thanks lads!

ive got a 3tc in a ke70 (Well its a US TE72, 2 door sedan, but principal is the same) ie. it came from the factory with the 3tc in it

where are you located?

i could sell the whole setup...