Ke70 Getting Broken Into

Jeremys_online

Hello,

I'm havin a little trouble. Last night i was out with some friends, got back to my car to find that someone using a wire or some shiz popped the lock up and stole some stuff in my car. I know rollas are incredibly easy to brake into cause ive had to do it when ive locked my keys in my car. Just wondering if any one would have any ideas on how to prevent these things from happening.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

or if ya running a battery in the boot install a battery cut off switch but hide it under the seat or something. sure its an extra key but its cheap and easy to do.

and if ya not lookin for a real expensive system, I'm sure jaycar would have a security system that wont hurt the wallet too much

Edited by MattyZ

If you wanna get more advanced weld plates around the locking mech in the door. Modern cars have it stops wire poking about. Also install central locking I got a $20 kit from super crap now wont stop people breaking into your car but I found the extra force the motor had to pop the lock using packing tape and pulling the interior lock part could NOT be done packing tape poped off due to force of motor so that is an idea to.

As for car getting stolen run a fuel cut valve in the fuel line. With a carby car it starts runs for like 1-2min till fuel bowl goes empty.

Criminals are usually stopped at lights and car dies they leg it. Thus when you go looking for the car you jsut have to walk a street or two to find the car. As the carby runs dry it chugs and farts along so they think they stole a dud car about to break down and what criminal is going to road side fix a car...LOL

Saved my KE30 many a time (6 times it has been stolen 6 times recovered). Got stolen once and with in a min of it being stolen I got a call from police asking me where my car was I said parked, they then told me no it's blocking the main street of Ipswich and the theifs were spotted running from the car. So it is a good device to have fuel cut valve with hidden unlock switch or a sequence of switches to unlock it. Many ways to wire one in could even get a jaycar scrolling code remote kit and wire it to that so only way to switch it is with your remote or anything heaps you could do.

Or if you do have to park ina dodgy area I jsut take the rotor button out of my dizzy.

Cameron

If you wanna get more advanced weld plates around the locking mech in the door. Modern cars have it stops wire poking about.

With my old T-18 i glued sheets of three ply boards over the holes in the doors etc. Locked the keys in the car after i did it and since i was with RACQ i got someone to come out and break in. The guy turned up, pulled out a book about 6 inches thick flipped to the page on the T-18, grabbed the tools he needed and did what the book said. He tried a few other different things but in the end he used a length of wire to pop the tail-gate.

I don't know if it was just him or if it was to do with what i had done to the doors, but it did make me sit back and go :hmm:

How many times have you been broken into? What state do you live in, cause an alarm is probably the best deterrant for thiefs, if your afraid to spend too much on an alarm and live in SA I could install one for about $150 (including the alarm).

And it's probably worth it not keeping any valuables in your car.