4agze Vs Ca18det

Clown

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't for a second think i am comparing the two just stating the facts to the haters of ca18's. Who talk shit and have no first hand experinces with the motor in question.

The SR20, yes is a good motor.

The CA18, yes is also a good motor.

With the s13 arguement i know of a few 12sec s13 ca's and there are also 11 sec s13's around to which are all street cars.

Piss upwind??? These times aren t to be sneezed at are they?????

I still see no actually proof to your argument of ca18's being shit!

With the s13 arguement i know of a few 12sec s13 ca's and there are also 11 sec s13's around to which are all street cars.

Whats your point? My SR is bog stock with a slightly larger turbo and I'm gunning for a 12.99.... I don't think I'll get there just yet but Its not far off. Theres accually a 10 second silvia around too...in Queensland no less....shock horror!! No surprise its running an SR...

Just drive the CA for what it is. I wouldnt bother sinking big money into it. Dollar for dollar the SR will go faster.

• 2 weeks later...
Where a CA18DET might be fine in a light car like a Corolla, using a CA18DET in a S12/S13 is like pissing upwind in a cyclone...

You already know my thoughts on the subject I am sure

Irokin- My reply is in answer to the above. My point is a 12 or 11sec pass isnt pissing upwind in a cyclone is it! If it is i wanna see everyones 12 sec timeslips!

Yeah your stock sr may go hard but for how long and how much boost will it handle.

If sort the traction with slicks and a two link. I ll be more then willing to show the doubters my Ca on c16 running 20+ pound.

Anywayz I just like the people with no first hand experince that repeat what they hear over and over with no real idea! (Irokin this isnt directed at you either)

Later people

Edited by ca18rolla

I could show you an SR20 Sil80 that pumps out about 220RW KW on PUMP fuel, not C16... and on about 13-14 PSI of boost

And as far as not having any first hand experience, you have no idea who you are talking to

THe part wasn t excatly aimed at you but you have even said on hear before bout ca18's, that you had a ca16 and there shit so ca18 are as well????

I m not up for the whole debate which is a better motor i agree sr20's are filth, but I will put the facts up about ca18's And yes like most motors they will and an can fail in some cases!

Irokin- I know c16 is cheatin but it makes for a lot safer high psi runs. I ll run 15psi on bp 98 though! Would be good to have a run with you once i get my diff done to see how both compare.

not really worried bout to high a psi around 14psi will be what i ll normally run i d say, but wanna hit some big boost just show to some people you can build a decent reliable Ca.

As in above i do agree SR's are a great building block to start with.

Yeah hybrid gze will be interesting . keep us posted!

• 3 years later...

don't go sr20 or bigger . don't get me wrong great motor . if its a track car you will prob find that most clubs run engine size classes . up to 1999cc engines , over 2000cc classes , ect . i have raced in 2000cc and up classes in a 77celica with a 2ltr twin cam quad throttle something (can't remember 13 years ago) . but its not fun going up against 5.7ltr supercharged crap . stick to under 2ltr and build something stroked to crap (so they don't know) strong that wont pop . and have fun battling at the top , well at least not being lapped .

just like ca18rolla has said...i can't seem to fault the ca18det ....I'm building a ke26 and fitting a built ca18det with gt3076r and many other mods....The same motor to the specs i am going, is also fitted in this 120y,

it gets constant abuse from burnout comps and drags and it holds up very well...324rwhp at 23psi..11.0 122mph

personally i would reccomend the ca18det from what i have seen and researched...many people have told me not to go ca but i just can't help but see the good in it..As long as its built correctly the ca is a strong and powerful motor.

Edited by sikke20

a gze is in no league with a ca18, not even a comparison.

Rod bearing is an "old nissan 4cyl" problem, from my observation. Forums are littered with SR big end failures also, as they get older. If you're too stupid to get past a CA18 rod bearing..... you shouldn't be modifying cars at all. Blaming the motor won't solve your dilema.

A few CAs dyno'd well over 450hp atw on std bottom end. Chose not to take em any further.

Several 10sec street CA powered S13s about. Took NO less to get a SR powered one there.

Lots of videos of Mobnes' well documented STREET CA18 powered S13 online;

at only 23psi(gt35)/pump gas, balazes tires in 3rd. Over 500+hp using std inlet manifold.

Eventually pumped up to 705hp on E85, STILL using SAME mild hydraulic 260/8.8 lift Tomei cams!

What more does a CA18 have to do ?

tons of reliable powerful ca18s in existence, gettin the crap beat out of them with NO issues.

This is FACT. Posting horse5hit about the CA won't change that

Lol talk about diggin up a dinosaur :blinks: this thread is prehistoric posts from Nick!

If you've ever seen a CA18DET on a stock ECU, you'd know they don't have a rev limit... Geez I wonder why they get bad wrap about spinning rod bearings...

You can force feed any motor and make buckets of power.

For a true comparison of the motors you should probably look at how much power they make in atmo form, as that really reflects how well the motor can pump air.

Taken off Wiki and converted values as needed- All non VVT motors to keep it fair.

4AGE smallport = 100 kW @ 7200 rpm with 149 N·m @ 4800 rpm

CA18DE = 98 kW @ 6400 rpm with 159 N·m @ 5200 rpm

SR20DE = 104- 108kw @ 6400rpm with 178 N·m @ 4800 rpm

In stock atmo form there's really not much in it in peak HP terms, torque yes, but its all about gearing and power to weight to get the most out of the tractive effort that the motor can provide.

In an ideal universe with unbreakable engines it can be said that you can make the same power on any of these engines with the same turbo, as long as you can get enough revs to allow the engine to pump enough air to hit the peak efficiency point of turbo to make peak power.

So be it an apple or an orange the snail eats the same amount and it craps the same amount of slime if you wait long enough :lolcry: