4agze Vs Ca18det

Clown

I've been thinking lately what engine I'm goin to use in the corolla after talking to a mate about it. Its not really something i want to do but for costs the CA conversion doesnt' look so bad. Bang for buck the ca seems to win, allready turbo, cheap engine. the Gze being toyota engine is bulletproof though which would prob save me money in the long run.

Whats everyones thoughts on, ease of conversion, costs, fab, engineeering etc.

Cheers guys!

:ban:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA18. Heaps cheaper, lotsa spares to rape. I think you'll find the CA18 isnt bad durability wise (when theyre not spinning big end bearings...). I know of some CAs that are taken to 9,000rpm regularly.

Unfortunatly not as many aftermarket parts as an SR20 but undoubtably more than the 4A-GZE.

i also agree with ca18. i don't know about torque and whatever, they both make the same power naturally aspirated, so i assume they're both of similar potential, but you don't have to ass about converting a 4ag to rwd, and they're cheap enough. lots of drifters are using 4ags as well, so they're only going to get more expensive to find good ones and good bits for

i think of a ca as the "already rwd" 4ag

well basicly all the reasons i was thinking of you guys have backed up

allready rwd, cheap, turbo etc. My only issues are that I'm loyal to the toyota product as i've never had a fault with it in the mr2 and that its gonna be more of an issue for engineering as i see it.

Cars for track/drift and possibly soon daily aswell. I guess i'll see what happens as it comes time to buying a halfcut etc. Cheers guys!!

being a manufacturer snob is pretty boring. i used to be one, but not any more. i mean sure, the 3SGTE totally shits all over the SR20DET, but it's also like double the price for a decent engine. datsun actually make some pretty cool stuff, just a pity about the gay cars they put them in :hug:

i agree except for:

there being more aftermarker parts for the ca18

Supercharger for skids, Turbo for going fast

hp sells, torque wins races.... s/c = torque :hug:

but thats not to say turbos are no good, more s/c are not as bad as a lot off people think.

if cheap and easy is your thing, go ca18.

if that doesnt matter so much, go with your heart!

4agze |blink|

well that seems kinda sorted. now i just need the $$$ and to find someone to make the mounts. I remember seein a guy on toymods that makes them but does anyone know of anyone else that does them, pref in vic?

Sharing my factory is a steel fabricator... He'll make up engine mounts on his lunchbreak! :hug:

Whereabouts are you? And if you want, I can get a price for you?

Can I be the first to f@$kACA18! :hug: Unless your doing a full rebuild go the 4A. I've killed two and one wasnt even mine. Every person I know with a CA has either spun a bearing or blown a head gasket. I strongly advise a full rebuild if you go a CA otherwise you'll be pulling it out very soon. I used to like them but now I hate looking at the pecies of shit. no love for the CA.