What Size Exhaust On 4K?

benhachi

Members dont see this ad

My 2 1/4 didn't sound like crap with an 88/42 spec cam, one of the toughest notes I've ever heard from a 4 cylinder, but I think it would have picked up piles of bottom end torque with a 2". 1 3/4 will flow heaps on a stock motor, but 2" is probably the ticket if your thinking cam/extractors in the future.

I had a 1 and 7/8 on my 4k at first, sounded great. The exhaust place was going to put a 2 on, but then decided against it, were worried it would be too big (loss of back pressure etc). From what I hear though 2 is fine, but most people don't go much bigger..

I'm about to get a new exhaust for the wagon. Going 2", hotdog before the diff and a triple flow after the diff. Thats a cammed, carbed and extractored 4k.

I had a 2" with a single straight thru muffler in my KE30 on a standard 4k. Wayyyyy to noisy.

I'm about to get a new exhaust for the wagon. Going 2", hotdog before the diff and a triple flow after the diff. Thats a cammed, carbed and extractored 4k.

I had a 2" with a single straight thru muffler in my KE30 on a standard 4k. Wayyyyy to noisy.

Thats two bro! And everyone else will tell you, get a hotdog/resonator in the middle. If you want to put in a nice stereo you kinda have to...

there's no way you'll hear anything apart from your zorst otherwise.

And a good sports muffler!

Got a question for the even more exhaust savvy people.

In KE wagons, the fuel tank is under the floor. With not much space between that and the leaf spring.

Would mounting a hotdog and a triple flow (Lukey super turbo) before the diff, with 2" pipe over the diff and to the bumper.

Sound different to Having the triple flow after the diff? if so, would anyone know what the difference would be?

It'll sound a bit more... um.... "Puffy"? I can't think of a good word to describe it :P

Basically the more open pipe you have between the muffler and the tip, the more it acts like a didgeridoo... Which is to say it will have the acoustic qualities of that length of pipe. It'll have a 'note'.

Edited by 7shades

It'll sound a bit more... um.... "Puffy"? I can't think of a good word to describe it :P

Basically the more open pipe you have between the muffler and the tip, the more it acts like a didgeridoo... Which is to say it will have the acoustic qualities of that length of pipe. It'll have a 'note'.

Haha, I'll take that as get the tripple flow mounted as close to the tip as possible.

Thanks Jarrad.

Go to Exhaust Plus at Stepney, get Pete to throw it over the pit and see what will fit in the small gap.

You could always go under the diff and get him to flange it just before the diff, so if you ever need to get the diff out, just unbolt the rear section.

This way, it will give you more length to play with, without having to go over the diff, so to speak.

He know's his shit and I wouldnt go with anyone else for an exhaust system.