December 17, 201015 yr comment_488953 Yeah the current exhaust need's to go. its rattly and has holes everywhere. what is a good diameter for a 4k. don't want it too loud.. just right =) i was thinking around 2 inches. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488961 2" is perfect... Any bigger will sound like crap and won't actually do anything for performance. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488974 My 2 1/4 didn't sound like crap with an 88/42 spec cam, one of the toughest notes I've ever heard from a 4 cylinder, but I think it would have picked up piles of bottom end torque with a 2". 1 3/4 will flow heaps on a stock motor, but 2" is probably the ticket if your thinking cam/extractors in the future. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488977 I have extractors with a 2" to resonator under diff to sports muffler. Sounds mad and runs awesome. Way better than that chrome "muffler" I had :P Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488984 I had a 1 and 7/8 on my 4k at first, sounded great. The exhaust place was going to put a 2 on, but then decided against it, were worried it would be too big (loss of back pressure etc). From what I hear though 2 is fine, but most people don't go much bigger.. Report
December 17, 201015 yr Author comment_488985 Keeping the engine standard for now unless i could pick up a cheap set of extractors and cam's.. I think ill just get a 2'' straight through with 1 muffler, my guess is it should give it an ok note. but not a drone. thanks for the help. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488992 Get something in the middle (resonator) or when you get extractors it'll kill your ears, trust me, I learned the hard way. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488996 I'm about to get a new exhaust for the wagon. Going 2", hotdog before the diff and a triple flow after the diff. Thats a cammed, carbed and extractored 4k. I had a 2" with a single straight thru muffler in my KE30 on a standard 4k. Wayyyyy to noisy. Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488997 I'm about to get a new exhaust for the wagon. Going 2", hotdog before the diff and a triple flow after the diff. Thats a cammed, carbed and extractored 4k. I had a 2" with a single straight thru muffler in my KE30 on a standard 4k. Wayyyyy to noisy. Thats two bro! And everyone else will tell you, get a hotdog/resonator in the middle. If you want to put in a nice stereo you kinda have to... there's no way you'll hear anything apart from your zorst otherwise. And a good sports muffler! Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_488998 I tried a few brands of muffler on 4k's... Lukey always had the nicest note. Not too 'barky'. And yeah... Delete resonator at your ears' peril :P Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_489000 Got a question for the even more exhaust savvy people. In KE wagons, the fuel tank is under the floor. With not much space between that and the leaf spring. Would mounting a hotdog and a triple flow (Lukey super turbo) before the diff, with 2" pipe over the diff and to the bumper. Sound different to Having the triple flow after the diff? if so, would anyone know what the difference would be? Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_489022 It'll sound a bit more... um.... "Puffy"? I can't think of a good word to describe it :P Basically the more open pipe you have between the muffler and the tip, the more it acts like a didgeridoo... Which is to say it will have the acoustic qualities of that length of pipe. It'll have a 'note'. Edited December 17, 201015 yr by 7shades Report
December 17, 201015 yr comment_489025 I find 2" to a 2" resonator works with 1&3/4" to the back. I figured a 2" all the way through would be too noisy, but of course its hard to compare unless you want to pay for it twice. A triple-chambered sports muffler sounds great without being noisy. Report
December 18, 201015 yr comment_489059 It'll sound a bit more... um.... "Puffy"? I can't think of a good word to describe it :P Basically the more open pipe you have between the muffler and the tip, the more it acts like a didgeridoo... Which is to say it will have the acoustic qualities of that length of pipe. It'll have a 'note'. Haha, I'll take that as get the tripple flow mounted as close to the tip as possible. Thanks Jarrad. Report
December 18, 201015 yr comment_489063 Go to Exhaust Plus at Stepney, get Pete to throw it over the pit and see what will fit in the small gap. You could always go under the diff and get him to flange it just before the diff, so if you ever need to get the diff out, just unbolt the rear section. This way, it will give you more length to play with, without having to go over the diff, so to speak. He know's his shit and I wouldnt go with anyone else for an exhaust system. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now