Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Replacing A Winy Diff?

Featured Replies

hey guys I'm thinking about buying a ke70 panel van. it has a winy diff though. whats the best way about this and the cheapest? buy a diff from the wreckers and hope its good? or get it rebuilt? thanks guys

Try replacing the oil and go from there.

rebuilds are pretty steep- get a quote from anyone near you, and it will be over $500.

 

A good wrecker will let you return one that whines and try another.

  • Author

what would you ruffly pay for one from a wrecker?

  • Author

thats was probably bound to be said haha. whos a good wrecker in adelaide to call? kinda not keen on upullit and such

whats a good wrecker in adelaide??? what king of question is that?

 

bloody ring up a wrecker and ask them if they will pull it out for you.

 

and if you think its to expensive, ring 4 others and compare prices.

 

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search/listings?clue=wreckers&locationClue=Adelaide+SA&x=29&y=16

Same for whiny women? :hmm:

 

too wrong?

post-11088-058261400 1296392829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mason.

At U Pull It it is $100 for a diff drum to drum so you don't even have to remove the centre just take the whole lot.

 

When I go there I look at the overall condition of the car to give me an indication of the condition of parts. Check the kms its done, etc. If any of them have car club related stickers on them I steer clear, if they have had fender mirrors steer clear. Its a sign they could have been thrashed. I know it sounds stupid but its just what I do.

 

Also, be mindful some vans have different diffs to the sedans etc. Pays to google :glare:

I paid $ 75 for a ke70 diff 3.9ratio drum to drum at the local pinch a part, (oppps did i say that should be pick a part !)

If any of them have car club related stickers on them I steer clear, if they have had fender mirrors steer clear.

 

Haha! Love it Luke! :laff:

 

True tho' I'd do the same!

  • Author

should i look for a auto one(less chance of beeing thrashed)? what would you not pay for a diff qny thing over say $150?

I have a very winy diff, like to the point where its abrasive sound, I'm thinking bearings shagged, is it as simple as sliding the axle out of the diff bearing removing the cap and the diff bearing falls off then i replace the bearing and all is sweet?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.