A Picture Thread For All The Cool And Retarded Things That (Nissans Do

t18drifts

Members dont see this ad

I'm down to 15 mins doing that recall.

D40's were built in Thailand too.

gotta be kidding me? try doing it with a cockie bringing it straight from the markets on a hot summers day loaded with pigs with side steps and brush rails.

d22 were reknowned for paint just peeling off. i delt with one on arrival from the dock and it already had started to flake

Ok, scoured pics from both phones I've had while working as a mechanic.

Hope other people enjoy these as much as I did.

Engines and water don't mix. Rod had to be hit with a hammer to remove it from the side of the block

th_DSC00038.jpg

th_DSC00039.jpg

th_DSC00040.jpg

th_DSC00041.jpg

He swore he wasn't doing burnouts. Funny thing is he came into the service reception car park spinning the wheels, which unfortunately for him I saw. No more warranty.

th_27042009725.jpg

th_27042009726.jpg

th_29042009728.jpg

th_29042009729.jpg

This happened while doing a fuel injection clean. The mechanic blocked off the feed line but forgot to open the cap. Half an hour of fuel pump building pressure =

th_IMG_0014.jpg

th_IMG_0015.jpg

th_IMG_0016.jpg

th_IMG_0017.jpg

These are KDJ120 Prado engine mounts

th_IMG_0179.jpg

th_IMG_0180.jpg

th_IMG_0181.jpg

th_IMG_0182.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed these. Will put more up tomorrow maybe.

Cheers,

Sian

Edited by RedKE30

I've had 4 tail shafts, 2 rust repairs and a shit load of other things replaced, and my Navara has only 54,000 on it!!

F**ken Nissan SHIT!!

I don't know about nissan being the only shit car manufacturers, the way toyota is heading they will be up there soon, all these new recalls got a hilux 4x4 tailshaft recall down to 0.7 they allocate 3 hours for it :yes: then there's the recall on prev model klugers, taillight comb lamp recall on camry/aurion (led taillights only) bullbar reacalls on Hilux 4x4 and Prado, the list goes on!

Having had Nissan/Datsuns for years, I find them bullet-proof.

When I was single, a stack of Datsun 1200 & 1600s. Worked on them myself, rallied stacks of 1600s.

Family cars were '88 Sentra, '88 Turbo Cifero. Didn't touch those.

Work wagons were a Jap-built Skyline (Pintara) wagon that I sold at 300,000km having never touched it, then a mid-90s Sentra (Pulsar) wagon that ran to the same without doing more than crank seals.

If you want to talk piss-poor engineering design, I'd start with the 4K motor!!

Woooooo somone else coming in to bat for Nissan :) AND HES FROM THE OTHER TEAM! :P

Nissan's equivalent to the 4K is a CA20... just God awful motors, except if you want to try and kill them. Yessir I will run on water in my oil lines for over 10 minutes while doing a skid :o

not all nissans are bad excluding the ca20 yeah any one got dirt on kia carnivales apparently they have a real shit design i heard some one saying :yes:

i find xf falcons shit under pressure power steering pumps dies and heads start warping and cracking oh annnnnnnd the bodyyyy role those cars have :lolcry:

not all nissans are bad excluding the ca20 yeah any one got dirt on kia carnivales apparently they have a real shit design i heard some one saying :yes:

i find xf falcons shit under pressure power steering pumps dies and heads start warping and cracking oh annnnnnnd the bodyyyy role those cars have :lolcry:

Apparently headgasket problems are so common on Carnivales that they're almost a part of the 100k service. :o

Not enough pics in this thread.

LC200 Series ute

th_IMG_0203.jpg

th_IMG_0204.jpg

th_IMG_0205.jpg

More Pics Here

One of our salesmen hitting a gutter while trying to demonstrate the VSC system in a Camry Hybrid

th_IMG_0231.jpg

th_IMG_0232.jpg

th_IMG_0234.jpg

th_IMG_0236.jpg

My current sump plug...Works quite well actually

th_IMG_0248.jpg

Shiny silver paper + tape + airbox = super cool induction temps

th_IMG_0273.jpg

More to come later

Cheers,

Sian

Edited by RedKE30