Timbo'S Ae86

timbo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, over spray everywhere, finally refinishing the window trims now. No offence but that was the worst job I've ever seen on my cars or my friends. The underside of the bonnet wasn't painted, the RHF guard was left split and unfinished, the mouldings all lifted, whole front end was just slapped together, the list goes on!

It was an insurance job. When I first walked in I was told it was a write off, when I told them the car was covered for $10k they didn't seem impressed. They had the car for 5 months and I sourced everything they needed, apart from paint. I got the rear bar done as well, so I paid for that (which was nice for 6mths until some dickhead side swiped me) plus the premium. My insurer assured me that they were reputable which I'm sure they were, every other car there was well looked after, paper mats etc except mine, "just a Corolla". I'm pretty quiet spoken really but I did give them and this English bloke a real mouth full a few times, he didn't appreciate that but it was his own fault. I had to go back after I got the car and gave them plenty of lip and by that time I had started law at uni which was a help!

It's something you have to move on with though and when things need to be done properly you either do it yourself or grab a chair and an esky and guide them through it. Since then I've met some good people in the automotive industry and will stick by them.