Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers

Featured Replies

*Insert generic rant here; about how I'm really actually a good driver now that I'm past P plate age, and all P platers are terrible*

 

I will agree that there are plenty of bad P platers out on our roads, but I think the attitude from the general public that suggests all P platers are terrible is a drastic generalisation. I think one of the issues is that the poor behaviour is far more obvious than sensible driving, and it tends to stick in your mind more. How many times when you are out driving do you think; "wow that person is driving sensibly"? Hardly ever. The bad actions tend to stick in your mind far more than the good, and so as soon as you see someone acting the fool you begin forming the veiw, "ahh just another d*&khead P plater".

There are many poor drivers on our roads and I think that the P platers are just far more noticable than others, because you can always distinguish them by seeing the plates.

 

In my opinion our licensing system is far too soft in many aspects, and many poeple do not posess proper car control skills particularly in the event of an emergency. I think that our driving tests should constain more defensive driving skills and some element of emergency car control. I also think re-testing periodically is needed, because the reality is that most people get lazy and complacent. Also I'm sure you would find that if you surveyed most drivers you would find that a very susbstantial nunber consider themselves good or above average drivers. Many people see driving as a right and not a privlage, and I think this is another source of problems.

Our system needs a major workover, but realistically I doubt it will ever get the changes it needs.

 

Another issue is that to try and solve road problems, all the governements and road authorities do is bring in more laws. Often these laws target drivers that are already law breaking, so really they have little effect. I have seen such examples when they tightend up passenger laws etc for P platers in Victoria. The laws hurt the sensibe drivers and the problematic drivers either ignored the laws altogether, or hid passengers in boots or under rugs etc in the back seat.

 

As you can probably tell I am a P plater, but contrary to popular beleif I don't spend my Saturday nights doing bangers or drag racing on Prinny Hwy. Guess I'm one of those invisible ones you cut off the other day without indicating... :P

  • Replies 133
  • Views 93.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The main causes of crashes are due to innatention and incorrectly assuming ones skill as a driver. Most of the deaths you hear about on the news is some elderly couple, someone who fell asleep at the

  • The thing that really pisses me is, they somehow get these great condition, and sometimes rare corolla's for like $500, then do stupid shit to them and act like morons. Not just P platers i guess. The

  • Ok, nothing, (NOT ANYTHING) is going to stop people driving like morons. P platers, woman, men, asians, regardless of age/gender/origin/race!!!! Not me, not an army, no one!!! How about people ask pol

As you can probably tell I am a P plater, but contrary to popular beleif I don't spend my Saturday nights doing keybangers or drag racing on Prinny Hwy. Guess I'm one of those invisible ones you cut off the other day without indicating... :P

 

fixed

If I feel like some sort of faster paced driving I get out of the city and go out in the middle of nowhere, just like today I went for a drive up tamborine mt (not that great) then just kept going and going till the road ended, haha. Had some fun just driving I love driving my car! Just like the last few weekends been on some big long drives all over 5 hours and 350kms just out in the middle of know where, lots of fun and then during the week when driving to work or any other time I am driving I just feel relaxed and just cruise on down to work, haha. But I need my license for my job when test driving cars ect, so I cannot afford to loose my license, I would not loose my job but it is just a hassle getting other people to drive cars in for me, I know from just over a year of having to get people to do it from before I got my license.

fixed

 

Lol Evan, I meant bangers as in burnouts. Keybangers are even worse, unless of course you don't mind replacing mufflers often..

the look you get of little kids riding there bikes then all of a sudden f@$kING BANG, its priceless :lolcry:

Years ago a mate did that but we went past a cop booking someone.

I swear the poor guy jumped higher then what the car was and the seat of his pants changed colour from blue to brown.

Years ago a mate did that but we went past a cop booking someone.

I swear the poor guy jumped higher then what the car was and the seat of his pants changed colour from blue to brown.

 

 

hahaha :lolcry:

Was in a brand new vw polo last night, driven by a p-plater I met earlier that night.

 

what do you know, ended up doing a handbrakie up a kerb and into a wall/fence at 70 kph. haha lucky it was a back street near samford where the houses are 30km away from the main gate.

 

love the feeling of shattering glass on my neck haha

Edited by Mason.

Was in a brand new vw polo last night, driven by a p-plater I met earlier that night.

 

what do you know, ended up doing a handbrakie up a kerb and into a wall/fence at 70 kph. haha lucky it was a back street near samford where the houses are 30km away from the main gate.

 

love the feeling of shattering glass on my neck haha

 

spewin!!!!

spewin!!!!

worth it. had a decent laugh

haha, was it his car or mummys?

his mums hahaha

 

the only reason I'm laughing is cause the guy was an up himself cock.

Edited by Mason.

some people r F#%£Tards u Should consider urself lucky Maybe next time u won't be lucky enough to walk away laughing mate .. I don't find that funny at all !!

I wouldn't have got in the car with him..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.