#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers

ae824ate

not defending p platers in any way or the way they drive but there are plenty of older c**nts driving like dikheds too, in sydney its mostly bogans on there way to work in their work utes and p platers in fully hektik vn commodores with chopped exhausts with 16's on the front and stockies on the back.

AT THE END OF THE DAY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DRIVE HOW THEY WANT SO THERES NO USE GETTIN YA KNICKERS IN A KNOT TRYING TO SAVE THE WORLD,THATS THE COPS' JOB.THERE ARE ALOT OF WORSE THINGS THEN PEOPLE DRIVING COROLLAS LIKE DIKHEDS.

Ok, nothing, (NOT ANYTHING) is going to stop people driving like morons. P platers, woman, men, asians, regardless of age/gender/origin/race!!!! Not me, not an army, no one!!! How about people ask politely. Will that work?? NO!!! Are my knickers in a twist?? YES THEY f@$kIN ARE!! My best mate was killed, my daughter and my pregnant fiance were near killed, so was I!! How is the message supposed to be sent? Tell me! Cops just don't show up before people are f@$kwits, they have to f@$k up and destroy something, or kill someone, then they will get to the job. Prevention is better than a cure!

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

not defending p platers in any way or the way they drive but there are plenty of older c**nts driving like dikheds too

Maybe the P plate fell off :laff:

You have to remember though that a P plater will catch your attention more than anyone else.

It's funny how so many p-platers think because they passed a test that they're the best driver out there. I'm 17 and have mates who get their P's, take mummy's like 2003 fwd corolla out and think they're the bee's fcuking knees, I'm like "Dude slow the fcuk down, you're not the stig."

Usual response = "Nah man, I'm a hell good driver!"

Only real place ive ever absolutely ringed my car is on a long dirt rd up on the way to the sunny coast about nearly 5M wide no houses to crash into no one to hurt no police to worry about and I go with 1 other friend and one of us sits at the end to make sure there are no other cars or anything coming closest house is about 1km away, wide dirt roads would like to go during the day once, my mate that I go with go stuck down a ditch once we had to dirive for half an hour to a servo to get some rope, haha then on the way there, there was a huge huntsman crawling down the inside of the front windscreen was shit scared, haha will have to do it again sometime although won't use my good wheels or tyres on a gravel rd, haha!

I don't think its just P platers anymore, Well not here in ballarat anyway. Here people lap the main street most nights, dragging people off from the lights doing rediculous speeds and changing lanes and cutting other cars off!!

Last night for example I was driving home from my friends house and I got cut off my 2 idiot P platers turning out form the same corner at the same time. I had to slam on my brakes otherwise I would have hit them. Then they put the foot to floor and started speeding up the main street. This happens on a daily basis here.

Another one was in dec last year, My dad was driving me home from hospital at 2 am in the morning, and just randomly a vn commodore stops in front of us and 5 guys jump out with baseball bats and tried to start us. Luckily my dad is a cop and he pulled out his badge, which is the only thing that saved us.

This is pretty normal in ballarat and I honestly just don't drive unless I need to. I am a firm believer in making all P platers drive just a simple 4 cyclinder untill they get onto their full license. It is something that they are trying to do here in VIC and I sure hope it does happen. There are too many young people dying from hoon driving and its sad

I don't think its just P platers anymore, Well not here in ballarat anyway. Here people lap the main street most nights, dragging people off from the lights doing rediculous speeds and changing lanes and cutting other cars off!!

+1 for Ballarat! Last time I went through Ballarat(was in my ute not Rolla) it was around 4am and some bloke kept trying to drag me at the lights. He also wasn't a P plater..

+1 for Ballarat! Last time I went through Ballarat(was in my ute not Rolla) it was around 4am and some bloke kept trying to drag me at the lights. He also wasn't a P plater..

Yea ballarat is just full of idiots in commodores and falcons and now its also mini trucks bagged. Honestly airing out your bags at the lights is not cool, and then I laugh when the cops pull them up and take them off the road for being too low! haha

Iv seen so many cars being towed away of late due to hoon driving.

But yea its pretty bad here in ballarat. Just full of idiots!

Ok, nothing, (NOT ANYTHING) is going to stop people driving like morons. P platers, woman, men, asians, regardless of age/gender/origin/race!!!! Not me, not an army, no one!!! How about people ask politely. Will that work?? NO!!! Are my knickers in a twist?? YES THEY f@$kIN ARE!! My best mate was killed, my daughter and my pregnant fiance were near killed, so was I!! How is the message supposed to be sent? Tell me! Cops just don't show up before people are f@$kwits, they have to f@$k up and destroy something, or kill someone, then they will get to the job. Prevention is better than a cure!

this is all true, I'm not trying to start an argument here all i am saying is that theres no need to be bias.

yeh I'm a p plater, so what... i don't drive like a d***hed and I'm sure there are thousands of others like me.

this is a fine example of stereotyping.

i also was in a crash where 2 of my mates passed and it wasnt p plater speed related, it was the drunk c*nt coming out of the pub speed related so should i make a thread about drunk c*nts coming out the pub? or throw that all over the news? they don't headline the crashes that are caused by non- p platers anywhere near as much now do they?

Edited by RO-81-LA

Although i do find it quite ammusing when other p-platers tail gate me. Just slow down to forty untill they get the shits and turn away.

This is one of my favourite games to play when on my way home from work, especially through school zones. When they get right up my arse I will sit next to the car in the other lane. I'll speed up a bit so they get behind me, then slow down, they change lanes again but still can't get through.

I'm in no rush to get home, and I'm sure your not going to miss anything by getting where ever you're going a minute or 2 later.

I'm more worried about women drivers.

P plate women drivers......

More so the ones that can't figure out depth perception and think the 2 second rule of thumb is where they sit about half a metre away from the car in front.

Drunk drivers, that brings up a interesting memory of the time i came close to getting wiped out by one who was unlicensed and yet his wife was licensed and sitting between them was their four year old daughter....

Sometimes the best way of learning something is the dumb mistakes of others. Which is why i'll never drink and drive.

Well first up, when I was on my P's, I had moments when I drove like a tool but it was very rarely on busy roads. It was mainly on bush tracks where the speeds were low and if I stuffed up it was only my car that got damaged. But I did have mates that didnt have the same respect for others and got in trouble for it.

The thing that slowed me down was getting involved in motorsport, initially indoor kart competitions and later with the TCCA and the Ballarat Car Club.

And, yep Ballarat has changed over the years. Been nearly 10 years since I left and I don't like going back as the vibe of the place gives me the shits. Used to be fun laping the Rolla and shutting down the Torana/Commodore drivers from the lights but we never exceeded 60kmh so the cops left us alone. Everyone seemed to have brains and if someone acted like a tosser, the "group" would put them back in line quickly as it brought the heat down on everyone.

The main causes of crashes are due to innatention and incorrectly assuming ones skill as a driver. Most of the deaths you hear about

on the news is some elderly couple, someone who fell asleep at the wheel, or someone who lost concentration (on the phone, changing radio) and %90 of fatalities are on country roads. The fatalities you hear about in city areas are cashed up daddys boys with stuipidly powered falcodores/skylineboats and only just on their p plates.

The reason P platers crash so often is because they have never been put into a situation where the car is out of controll so when that time comes around

they react in the wrong way and panic. Usually a good scare is enough to change ones driving habbits. I got my scare when I realised that even the best drivers

can get it wrong too. Two dicknobs left thier cars in the middle of the road around a blind corner on a wet road, my dad came around the corner and he had nowhere to go.

Though through his experience he managed to avoid both cars (to this day I still don't know how he did it soo well, anyone would have just plowed into them). Unfortunately

the road had a hill right up against the road and the towbar cliped sending the car into a roll, good thing he had already slowed down to 30kmph and it just gently rested

on the roof. That was enough for me to understand that you are never totally in controll of what happens.

My proving grounds were in the new industrial areas of Lonsdale where there were just roads and vacant industrial land. Had a clear 4 lane quater mile stretch with

a loop back around at the end. This was also just one street too, one entrance/exit. This is where we practiced our car controll with friends, we got to the stage of

coming around a corner and our mates would pull the handbrake at random intervalls and we would have to correct the slide or try to get out. Best thing I have ever done.

I am happy to say that I have never crashed my car and been in situations where it could have ended with a bingle.

The reason I have never been in a crash is because I pay extra attention on the road and make split second decisions, if there is space to merge i will instantly merge is safe.

I don't sit there with my indicatior beaming for minutes stressing out other drivers, at the same time not being pushy. If someone want;s to merge into my lane I actually SLOW THE f@$k DOWN!

unlike most Adelaide drivers who see it as MY SPOT!! And accelarate infront of you so as not to let you in. This is why I love melbourne/sydney drivers as they let you merge in.

At any one time I could tell you the position of every car around me, who is a timid driver and the obvious dickhead driver, who is speeding, who is going granny slow and ALWAYS look for an exit

for those prickly moments. Now you can't always have an exit point in side by side bumper to bumper traffic but I find that that is actually the safet kind of traffic as no one can speed

or swerve in and out of lanes like the typical falcodore driver from the northern reaches of Adelaide.

Some people would say that saying that there is such thing as a safe hoon is bullcrap but I definately think that there is. It comes through paying thorough attention on the road and

sticking to your skill limits. I am by no means a slow driver but I consider myself a safe driver because of my behaviour on the road, that I am courteous to other drivers and pick

my "hooning" to roads that I could drive blindfolded. I never speed around blind spots, I actually slow down for them below the speed limit (reason why I am horribly slow at driving on

norton summit road). I have put myself into dangerous situations along "cruises" where I have sped around blond corners and am in no hurry to do it again. I am yet to go on a cruise

where no one has done something stuipid.

If any Adelaideian says that there is no place to relieve your built up hoon pressure then I will bitch slap you to the face. There is plenty of shit happening.

Motorkhanas, Drift prac days at tailem bend and for f@$k sake there is a whole day of driving at Mallala race track for $135 (over 6 sessions 15 mins each and thats a slow day).

There is plenty of opportunities here in adelaide for those who actually look. I think that this drag strip proposal at Gilmond will be a blight to the suburbs. Has anyone ever

been to the drags at Adelaide international??? Then you would know that drags still happen even hours after the event closes. the reason why tracks are far away from suburbia

is because it splits apart the dangerous drivers from the motoring enthusiasts. People who say that they have no where to go are most of the time just bullshitting excuses so that

they can continue to put lives at risk on the roads.

So, for those who could not be bothered reading my rant.

Pay attention, it will save you life like it has mine as well as saving repair costs from people who drive straight at you when they have a red light and you have a green arrow :glare: (yes I did avoid the blonde behind the wheel of that one). Let people merge! It will cost you 3 f@$king seconds of your total trip.

End rant? I think not, I just can't be bothered typing anymore.......

• Upvote 2

Well first up, when I was on my P's, I had moments when I drove like a tool but it was very rarely on busy roads. It was mainly on bush tracks where the speeds were low and if I stuffed up it was only my car that got damaged. But I did have mates that didnt have the same respect for others and got in trouble for it.

The thing that slowed me down was getting involved in motorsport, initially indoor kart competitions and later with the TCCA and the Ballarat Car Club.

And, yep Ballarat has changed over the years. Been nearly 10 years since I left and I don't like going back as the vibe of the place gives me the shits. Used to be fun laping the Rolla and shutting down the Torana/Commodore drivers from the lights but we never exceeded 60kmh so the cops left us alone. Everyone seemed to have brains and if someone acted like a tosser, the "group" would put them back in line quickly as it brought the heat down on everyone.

YES!!! You can never stop young people from doing dangerous things but if you can change the attitude of drivers we will see less of this labelling of hoons

and more driver education programs. I too calmed down alot on the roads after experiencing the thrill of race track driving and now can't wait for my next stint!

The road just does not look as fun to me anymore and can not compare the fun and adrenalin rush as racing with your budds toe to toe. Those stinky hondas :laff:

I'm pleased to say i am a reformed hoon. due to court orders i had to attend vip. even after surviving a near deadly crash i still sped on occasions but since having my daughter iv totally stopped. i sold my sv6 due to temptation to speed and bought my holden epica. the rolla is now trailor only to avoid defects and to show I'm above the average p plate hoon and have respect for my car. i now save the speeding for the drag strip or for the speed boat