#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers

ae824ate

haha nice one twinky, agreed there.

i think the most dangerous people on the road are those that don't really know how to control the car. if you drive a falcon (p plater, 25yr old male, 40yr old female, 80yr old grandma), and you have never experienced oversteer, the first time it happens you will end up in a spin.

similarly if you have never experienced understeer in a FWD, the first time it happends you will end up in a tree. now why don't we teach people better and get them prepared for when its going to happen?

rather than just teaching, keep it slow, don't go fast, and everything will be fine. people will not (and they don't) go slow, everyone is in a rush, and thus incidents happen.

the common saying is applicable here, "Experience is gained directly after it is needed".

if you never get put into situations where you need driver skill, the first time it happends unexpecedly is going to end badly.

last thing, i think that cars have become so much better to drive lately (say 2000+) that its almost a false sense of security, or complacency (spell?), all the electronic stability controls to control the car etc,although they do a fantastic job it does not, and cannot, replace the ability for the driver to control the car.

oh....and lastly again.....i rarely see "p platers" driving like idiots in traffic, howeever i see ALOT of middle aged men/woman cutting in and out of traffic, racing up the left lane on the highway, tailgating something chronic, just becuase they cannot stand the idea of not being in front...all flying under the public radar because they drive a bog stock BA falcon, not a lowered nissan skyline.

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

The thing that pisses me off the most about hoon driving.

The midnight club.

People who act like a road becomes a racetrack after a certain hour. When asked why its a good idea they say things like, "oh there's nobody else around". Think about it, morons. Nobody else except the oncoming dickhead who is also doing double the limit and using your lane as his line, thinking the same dumb shit as you do, or a sleepy family trying to make it home, or that drunk idiot hooking it home from the pub with 4 mates in the car.

There really is no appropriate time or place to drive like a c**t on the open roads. Just because people are lucky enough to get away with a few near misses, think they are the stig, and make excuses like, "oh it was only a problem because the other driver was being a dickhead". Take some responsibility in your own lives. I have been unlucky enough to go through an accident where I severely injured another road user, and it wasn't a good feeling. If I had been behaving inappropriately I would be in jail now and for the next few years. If you have an accident and hurt someone, and they feel you acted as a hoon driver, they will charge you with dangerous driving causing GBH (or death), which is a criminal offence with a long custodial sentence. Think about that the next time you are showing off to your mates on the public roads.

Take some responsibility in your own lives. I have been unlucky enough to go through an accident where I severely injured another road user, and it wasn't a good feeling. If I had been behaving inappropriately I would be in jail now and for the next few years. If you have an accident and hurt someone, and they feel you acted as a hoon driver, they will charge you with dangerous driving causing GBH (or death), which is a criminal offence with a long custodial sentence. Think about that the next time you are showing off to your mates on the public roads.

^^ :y: No matter your age or licence group, remember you are responsible for your actions, and the consequences.

• Upvote 1

That is one thing that should be mandatory for all road users is a decent advanced driving course. Not just P platers but for EVERYONE every 5 years or so or everytime you replace your car, what ever is soonest.

Having done a couple when I was younger really woke me up to what I could and could not do in a car. Shit how hard can it be to stop a car from 60km/h. VERY if you wanted to avoid killing cones. It is a chance for a proffessional person to analyse your driving and vehicle and offer advice on how to improve both.

On the advice of the instructor I changed my seating position in te car and looked at the drivers seat. Found out that some nufty earlier on had the seat apart and forgot to refit the washers to the bolts holding the seat back to the base and the bolts were being pulled through the frame. Looked perfect from the outside.........

Take some responsibility in your own lives. I have been unlucky enough to go through an accident where I severely injured another road user, and it wasn't a good feeling. If I had been behaving inappropriately I would be in jail now and for the next few years. If you have an accident and hurt someone, and they feel you acted as a hoon driver, they will charge you with dangerous driving causing GBH (or death), which is a criminal offence with a long custodial sentence. Think about that the next time you are showing off to your mates on the public roads.

:y: :y: :y: for that.