7K Performance Rebuild

Members dont see this ad

WHO PAYS 7 GRAND FOR EFI!?

not a smart person

DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TELL YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL !!!!!!!

It good to see you idiots have any idea on what it actually costs to make a totaly custom efi setup and have it tuned and running on the car considering there's nearly 3g worth of computer alone

I've been building cars and motors for people longer than you guys have been wiping your own arses

DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER TELL YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL !!!!!!!

It good to see you idiots have any idea on what it actually costs to make a totaly custom efi setup and have it tuned and running on the car considering there's nearly 3g worth of computer alone

I've been building cars and motors for people longer than you guys have been wiping your own arses

which computer did you get...?

on a k motor i would be grabbing one of those haltech sprint computers, i think they are still around the $1k mark, prolly less now.

i can see it being an expensive process, but 7g is quite excessive in my oppinion.

which computer did you get...?

on a k motor i would be grabbing one of those haltech sprint computers, i think they are still around the $1k mark, prolly less now.

i can see it being an expensive process, but 7g is quite excessive in my oppinion.

we used a Wolf 3D V4 with a handset on ours (they were just released when we got it) it was one of a couple at the time that would do what we wanted

yes there are cheaper computers out there that will do the job

7grand may sound a bit excessive but when everything is custom made and when you see whats included in that its really not that bad considering we are pushing very close to 130kw atw out of a 5k considering most 4age struggle to make 100kw atw

standard 7k efi set up is good up to about 100kw atw with a little bit of work before it gets too restrictive from what i have seen but its definitely cheaper way to go

Hey 1jzke55 I have been doing some research and I am going to make my own plenum and inlet manifold and efi setup, with making my own I'm not sure what sensors I'm going to weld in to make it work if you could let me know how you had yours made that would be much appreciated, also what injectors would I need to use if I'm going to be running 8psi.

And with your fuel setup did you just use a better fuel pump or did you use a surge tank?

Hey 1jzke55 I have been doing some research and I am going to make my own plenum and inlet manifold and efi setup, with making my own I'm not sure what sensors I'm going to weld in to make it work if you could let me know how you had yours made that would be much appreciated, also what injectors would I need to use if I'm going to be running 8psi.

And with your fuel setup did you just use a better fuel pump or did you use a surge tank?

if your going efi you will be able to run more than 8psi if you intercool it up to 10psi on a standard motor

as for injectors anything 450cc and up we are using 550cc off a 13bt rota and there on 80 percent duty cycle at just over 7000rpm @ 22psi on a 5k almost too big

yes we used a 2L surge pot cheap lift pump from the tank to the surge pot then a 044 to supply the fuel which is over kill and you will need to put a return fuel line in as well

i strongly recommend buying your computer injectors throttle body and everything else you need before you start to make the plenum and inlet

here's a photo of the plenum setup on the 5k might give you some ideas

post-8631-020097000 1299764576_thumb.jpg

feel free to pm any other questions you have i'm more than happy to help ya out :)

1JZKe55 thank you once again, this sure is an impressive EFI setup if I could get a list of things I would need for a complete setup that would be a massive help, And I am also going to run a front mount intercooler and you say the standard 7k engine will handle 10psi without changing internals, I am still going to get a port and polish, regrind on the cam, and balanced and replacing bearings if need be and if I can source some standard pistons replace those as well. And for compression could I use a shim to reduce the comp and then possibly run a higher PSI?

And on another note I see madrolla made 159kw at the wheels with a standard 7k EFI manifold, do you think that your setup with 22psi would be making much more than this? and if so would will it be the highest powered k engine on rollaclub?

cheers Todd :y:

Edited by pol090_ke11

i havnt read the thread start to finish, but i saw you say your leaning towards towards tuff NA.

the question i have is, do you want a motor that feels fast, or one that revs hard?

torquey motors, ie supercharged or well sized turbo will feel faster and punchier and not feel like your working them as hard to get the car going due to the torque, this is probably what you experienced when you did the engine conversion.

if you build a tuff NA motor, you will feel like your continually floggin the twat out of the thing to get it to move...

Yeah thanks "love Ke70" that's why I have gone from my original option of a tuff NA to the EFI supercharged option. I understand that a tuff NA engine is good to drive around at high rpm all day around a track or smashing around the streets, so if I go EFI supercharged I can drive around at a lower rpm but still have a lot pull and torque. I'm not one to drive around thrashing my cars but would love to be able to pull away from V6's and hopefully V8's and have them wondering what's in that little thing. I'm only going to be running 10psi as I don't have the money to go forged internals but I will be having the engine rebuilt with standard pistons but will use a copper head gasket a bit thicker than standard so it will lower compression, I'm also going to get the head ported and polished as much as possible and have larger valves and double valve springs fitted, I will get a regrind on the standard cam to what they recommend. Hopefully this will make this little ke11 get up and moving

Edited by pol090_ke11
  • Upvote 1