April 18, 201115 yr comment_517928 So yeah, the title explains it. who do you think is the best brand of tools. please no sledging, this can be a debate, but not a sledging match plz. there is actually a point to this, as i have no idea which brand is the best, but i've heard that snap-on is, however it is massively expensive, and whenever i ask guys at stores something like "sidchrome or kinchrome, who do you think is better?" they answer with something like, "well i use KC/SP/Teng/etc. and i think they are great! why don't you buy those, we sell them here by the way!" etc. etc. so yeah, some kind of guidance would be great thanks in advance for replying! Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517929 snap on speciality tools/air tools ftw sockets are TTI(look em up, f@$king great and affordable imo) some bluepoint aswell stahwilli/hazet is a f@$king joke IMO more expensive than snap on! $800 for a 24 peice 1/4 drive ratchet/socket set? Edited April 18, 201115 yr by Evan G Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517935 I have an EGA large socket set. That thing cranks. And a Kinchrome set, haven't used it much yet but seems really nice. I suppose it depends on your application. As for price I got the EGA set free and the Kinchrome super duper cheap at a 2nd hand store. :P Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517942 snap on is worth every cent in my opinion. having seen blokes at works tools after years of abuse still holding in strong and if something breaks no questions asked replacement is worth it. Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517943 I go sidchrome but I know it's not the best, I know that it's reliable and readily available when I need something new. My dad has his original sidchrome stuff aswell so that kind of tips me towards it. I've had my tool kit and box for 5 years and have no problems at all....but not the best screw drivers for that I go Stanley ratchet, I got one and I swear 70% of the factory I work in had them the next week. Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517948 i don't like sidchrome/stanley ratchets one bit! they get real sloppy real quickly! Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517951 I have a new sidchrome socket set and the ratchet is too "tight". As soon as the item you are doing/undoing loses tight resistance the thing won't ratchet at all rendering it useless. I figured it was just because it was tight being new and all but even after some use it is still fcking annoying and useless!!! I've always used Sidchrome though, lifetime warranty and no questions asked for replacement Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517967 Sidchrome/Stanley all come from the same place now these days and are also made in the same factory. I rep a bit of this and a bit of that. Motor Traders did their own brand of tools called CGL Tools, which are really nice to use and come with a lifetime warranty, like most quality tools do these days. I also have a set of CGL screwdrivers, the odd sidchrome/kincrome spanner here and there and a Stanley Socket Set I've had since I was 21. Its hard to keep a set together when you've been messing with cars for the past 11 years and only had my Stanley ratchet die on me after a fair wack of time. Lost a few sockets here and there but never had one break on me. Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517972 snap on tools definately for ratchets/spanners all hand tools hands down, amazingly manufacutured and engineered purely amazing. :D Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517973 I use SP combo spanners and toolboxes, bluepoint ratchet spanners & sockets (awesome but expensive) and a mixture of others. Personally if I won Tattslotto I would have everything in Snap-on/Bluepoint because they are without a doubt the best tools I have ever used. My mate swears by Snap-on, in fact his home garage looks like a Snap-on truck just exploded in there, must be close to $20,000 worth. Snap-on make everything and I mean everything, from screwdrivers to full computerised diagnostic equipment. Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_517993 I havent used what I cannot afford, so speaking only from personal experience I had to go with Kinchrome. My toolkit started out 9 years ago as a $24.95 K-Mart special which I have added to over the years (and cars!) with Kinchrome/Repco/TTI bits as things eventually broke or I needed something else. I still have sockets & spanners from that orginal set in use & have contact with my former employers supllier who can get me things like impact sockets (for hub nuts etc) at cost price. I bought with an application & budget in mind. If I was needing these tools for work everyday, I'd be putting a lot more money into a different brand. :yes: Edited April 19, 201115 yr by carbonboy Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_518002 i just use the 'repco' branded stuff. haven't had any problems with them at all. comes with a lifetime, no questions warranty on all bits so if something does break i can just get another. for my 21st a friend bought me a snap on ratchet. haven't had a chance to use it but it does feel super nice. will have to report back after it's had some use. Report
April 18, 201115 yr comment_518017 ^^ Agree Repco make some nice tools. Affordable with life time warranty , you don't get that everyday! They feel solid , Me and my Miss's are looking at going half for a set for my B-day :dance: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now