10Second Street Ca18Det Ke55

OKE055

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't updated this thread for a while. After a unlucky Jambo (snapped a gudgeon pin and and smashed a fairly fresh motor in style from half track wrecking my motor and forcing me to start a fresh again. I competed this weekend in qld drag week after putting a new motor in the ol girl on Friday last week. After issues with broken cams, oil pumps and all the other problems That just kept popping up. But I got it done and drove her from Toowoomba to warwick and race there Friday running a nice 6.6 with a solid 60' on a less than idea track. The next day (today)I made the trip to willowbank and Ran a PB 10.33 and was told to call it a night. All of this was done towing a trailer to and from the tracks.

post-71-0-18574100-1417262811_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-36876100-1417262834_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-02330200-1417262870_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-49619800-1417262897_thumb.jpg

Excellent performance from a 1.8L full weight street car.... plus, towing a trailer to and from the track.

23 psi ? Camtech 270 regrinds ? ..snapped while installing the caps ?

Seems like an efficient combination

You must be a real soldier to push through all those setbacks. Gotta respect that effort. Great stuff!

Only 22 psi and they were the Camtech cams that were in my last motor it snapped tightening the caps down but looking at the break it was broken for some time as there was darker and lighter areas in the snap, it was also the same piston that the piston and head have a sudden high rpm kissing fest so that might of contributed to it.