Tell Us Your Defect Stories

who knows whats defectable.

non adr, he said it was because it had "solid centre" (no padding)

he didnt even know, he quoted an ADR number (66), turned out to be the ADR for seats.....

but 100bucks and 1 point, cheaper than it could have been at the time.

i really want to get pulled over now, ive not got to show a cop my mod plates yet :(

Members dont see this ad

Ok, there are pros and cons to this thread.

My 2 cents.

15 years ago I was driving my old '76 civic ...maybe a little too hard.

Light turns orange and I gunned it on a right hand turn.

A TMU bike copper pulls me up.

Tells me my rear tyres broke traction.

Ok, the smartarse comes out and points out, it's FWD. Not possible.

I was still an apprentice mechanic and in stinking work clothes.

He's not having anything to do with this and goes on a mission to find 3 faults so he can give me a canary/defect.

He finds

Front parkers not working

Drivers seat belt not locking... I was more shocked than he was and

his question..."who fitted the carby"? Answer "Honda".

so he said "Don't be a smartarse, who fitted the air cleaner" (after market)? Answer "I did".

So 3 faults.

Went to work, got a new seat belt, factory air cleaner and fixed the front parkers. New RWC.

Got the canary/defect removed and then got a letter from the EPA for a test because of the air cleaner.

Tuned the car to an inch of it's life.

Went to the EPA and the first thing they checked was the compliance plate.

Car was a 2/76 and ADR27A the emission ADR came out in 7/76. Simple compliance.

Tested the car at idle and stated it was better than a lot of new cars. Oscilloscope tuning!

After all that, I was called to court and fined $300 bucks and 3 points for careless driving.

So yeah, don't be a smartarse, but if I meet that copper again.....watch out.

Bamboo

• 3 weeks later...

ke70 was in the drive way all four wheels off and of jack stands no gearbox or diff in it got home one day and dad had told me they came and defected me,

done me for bald tyres, even tho they where behind the gate where u can't see them,

different suspension? they where normal springs, to loud, i guess u could see the 2inch straight pipe so he didnt need to start it haha

bucket seat , dished steering wheel, missing interior and oil leaks even tho there was none haha

was a good 10 meters up my driveway, but they said they have had reports of me ''hooning'' even tho it had been off the road for ages and dad said they could look at it, wasnt very happy, rang everyone i could and all i got was if its road worthy it will pass regency easy, so yeah they really didnt care

I have never been defected in my driveway, but what made it worse was I was literrally 15m away from my house and they let me off with a warning for blue park lights FFS, that was the only reason they could find to pull me over (believe me I insisted on being told why), it's FU**ED how they think that, "oh random license check and rbt" is gonna fly with people specially at 11:15 at night on a wednesday night,

I feel sorry for people who have been defected in their driveways, thats just out right fund raising for their annual ball,

i have had undercover coppers follow me and mate in his falcon for about an hour got to his house they pulled up behind us then we got out looked at them then they reveresed out then went on there way ...............

i started to get defected in my driveway asked if its even legal and stated i was goin to fight it in court

they gave me a breath test jumped back in there car and, all i could think was did u have to leave the lights on for the whole time its my f@$king driveway i have neighbours.

that nite i lifted it back up to 100mm and plumbed the bov back in and got ready to be pulled up again, wasnt even two days later and was pulled up again reason being was reported hooning around my area wtf i live on the street off the highway and its all old people so i don't hit boost as i don't want to piss anyone off. they done me for suposebly unevenly wearing tires exhaust oversized and too loud so had to chuck a stock ehaust on it and new tires.

werent even that bad but lasted afew laps round archy.

passed defect and rwc then put 3inch back on and sacked it back down didnt get pulled up for months the whole time never spotted the screamer haha.

On my old lancer, I was pulled up in a carpark when a cop pulled in behind me. Gave me shit for my car (wanker) and defect for bald front tyres.

Less than 24 hours later I was undefected. How'd I do it? It ran 13' stockies, rocked up to the cop shop with my mates 15's on the front with barely legal tread and my normal 13's on the back. The cop commented on it but it was all legal so i was on my way canary free :dance:

my mate was giving me a lift home when we rolled through a rbt, even tho it was packed the little wanker with his glow sticks ran out onto 3 lanes of moving traffic and summoned us in.. after passing the rbt and cop's oral exam he then stated that the car was overly loud to which my friend replied everything is standard have a look for yourself.

So bonnet pop'd the police officer starts informing another police office to what they are looking at in the engine bay. He then starts saying that there is a intercooler and u can see the pipes to the turbo... THIS IS A NON TURBO S13 WITH RED P's......

So out we jump with puzzled looks on our faces. BIG no no. WHAT ARE U DOING GET ON THE GROUND! both of us are in hand cuffs for exiting the vehicle on a major road while under going police checks with more police then a fking murder scene.

After we both check out they let us go and defect my mate for a intercooler that clearly was a new radiator and loud exhaust, my mate went through the epa 2 times had the engine decarbonized 3 diffrent exhausts fitted and tunning with a rough cost of about $2-3k..

just don't drive imports.. or carry a gun with lots of bullets.

My street has about 20 houses in the road, there is now 3 cars defected in my street

- Some late Ford

- Old School Supra

- And very clean looking Land Cruiser with some big muddies.

Cops are hard at catching the criminals as usual.