Tell Us Your Defect Stories

Members dont see this ad

One of the biggest problems I think is the operator.

BE POLITE.

My last two have resulted in minimal fines and easy defects.

Just because I was polite and friendly. :y:

It doesn't matter how much you dislike them, as soon as they start to dislike you, BAM.

Guest pmp16

what's the point of this thread when u post that u been defected for bald tires and too low !! Sorry but seriously hiw does that help anyone that's as useless as posting u got fined for no seatbelt .. We all know right and wrong this thread would be useful if actually had performance modification defects that been fined for !!!

i got done for my nardi classic steering wheel. 1 point, $130.

He wasn't interested in my non mod plated (at the time) recaro bucket seat, or 4age (which was mod plated), or how low the car was (it was *just* legal height)....only the nardi.

He Didn't even check the tyres for crying out loud, i got the impression that once he found something that was enough, didn't need to go look any further.

agreed bit of a silly thread, if you get defected, know one to blame but yourself, so just have to suck it up.

I don't see it being handy at all to be honest. State regs differ widely, the systems in each state have significant differences and at the end of the day, your car gets defected because it doesn't meet your state's road regs.

Like I always say, if you are concerned about legality of your car, go straight to your transport authority, get a copy of their regulations and if necessary, speak to an approved engineer.

Yeah, I'm not sure about this thread either. It feels like a "let's see how much we can get away with" thread. The real approach to modifying a vehicle is pretty much if you change just about anything then you risk it's ADR compliance etc. If you're not sure, talk to your transport authority as philbey said and use a bit of common sense.

Chaser got defected once... Apparently the hordes of women clambering all over it were causing an obstruction to vision.

I carry skank repellent now (Brut 33) and haven't had a problem since.

i had the same problem with my trd laser

edit: i need to learn how to spell

Edited by ToasticlesAe82

about ten years ago, one of the top cops in TMU were quoted saying that they could defect a brand new car off the production line if they put their mind to it....

I remember this quote, it made me want to become a cop :)

I carry skank repellent now (Brut 33) and haven't had a problem since.

Old Spice works quite well too :P

Okay. I've read this thread as asked. Now can I please have my three minutes back?

Seriously, bald tyres and too low? What were you expecting? A Noddy badge?

For the record, 20 years of driving (at times highly) modified cars and never defected.

Edited by Redwarf

Editted the First post cause some people hang on stuff like dog balls.

Thought this would be a interesting read for people and have a laugh at the same time but humor is greatly becoming rare in such places.

Edited by Spencer