Airsoft

Hey guys and gals. I am still new to the idea of airsoft so bear with me. There are a lot of people around australia that are pushing to lift the law against airsoft in australia, and have been for some time. I reckon it would be an awesome sport to have over here, and if anyone is keen on signing up there is an airsoft australia website where you can find all the info on how to help the cause. Www.airsoftaustralia.com.au is the name of the site. Cheers brendan.

Members dont see this ad

Lol! I couldn't believe it when I heard you needed a full gun licence to own a plastic pellet gun!

A shooting mate was going to take me to airsoft while I was in NZ on holiday, but we ran out of time. He's got airsoft grenades that they use and airsoft flash-bangs.. it sounds like crazy fun. Aussie making them equivalent to real guns is not only stupid but it works against all the "safe society" bullshit the anti-gun mob push. All they have done is made a whole lot of young people get firearms licences, who can then think "Oh well, I might as well get a real gun while I'm in the shop..." and they end up with more guns in the country. ..and their problem with plastic guns that look like real guns bites their arses too. Would you rather be held up by a thug with a plastic replica or with a real gun??

Speaking of real guns.. a mate of mine made this. Machined all the parts from scratch, including the barrel. It fires .50cal BMG, the machinegun bullet used on the back of vehicles like Humvees, in planes like Spitfires and on tanks & armoured cars... The famous round that Aussie banned because it can shoot down helicopters and blow up ol refinery tanks... So all you need is access to a lathe, a mill and a press...

post-7544-0-36496700-1306490947_thumb.jpg

There's a Facebook group all about legalising Airsoft in Australia, you should join them and fill out one of their online petitions......

Despite the fact that the government could allow them under strict conditions and then tax the f@$kery out of the importing of new Airsoft 'guns', they won't because our government is too hung up on the whole "IT LOOKS LIKE A GUN, SOMEONE WILL ROB A 7/11 WITH IT, BAN IT" condition.

And lets face it, someone will.

I'm all for Airsoft, always have been, but the chances of it ever being legal to own any of the decent gear is so slim it may as well never happen.

Move to the UK, join a group there, shoot some Scotsmen.

That's about your best bet.

Speaking of real guns.. a mate of mine made this. Machined all the parts from scratch, including the barrel. It fires .50cal BMG, the machinegun bullet used on the back of vehicles like Humvees, in planes like Spitfires and on tanks & armoured cars... The famous round that Aussie banned because it can shoot down helicopters and blow up ol refinery tanks... So all you need is access to a lathe, a mill and a press...

Its a Barrett M99

Well a homemade Barrett.

Its a Barrett M99

Same idea- He made the swage that formed the rifling, so he started with nothing bought for it at all. We were shooting LPG barbeque bottles at 400M, in one side and out the other.

The Military ammo in the machinegun chain was absolutely terrible, I can see why a 50cal Browning sprays everywhere, but once they are re-sized and reloaded they are very accurate. He wants to take out a 210L drum at 1.5km...

Just think, there's only 250million Muslims a couple of hours flight NorthWest of Aussie.. we just need a tiny army of dedicated volunteers to be armed...

It's actually a dead tie between the Longshot and the Nightfinder (unless I use the Blue Longshot, which is mental). Both will fire around 100 feet PTG. (Blue one fires over 120 feet, but it jams or misfires 5 shots out of six)

The longstrike fails for power, but is easily the most accurate out of the current range.