What Ngine Into My Ke70? Help!!!

easty

Hi, i'm mulling over an engine conversion. The car I have is an 82 ke70 1,3 auto, and want something with a bit of go and a clutch pedal!

I'm thinking sr20 maybe? I just want to know how hard, and what I will need to complete the conversion. I'm a mechanic by trade and am pretty handy with a spanner, so I'm well aware that it will be a ball ache to do a manual conversion etc.

Thought this would be the best place to get some advice and pointed in the right direction!

Cheers, Dan.post-13395-0-93643400-1307706063_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Easiest will be a 5k like Evan said, then maybe a 4Age then the SR.

If you need to do a manual conversion decide the engine first, a 5k you can keep the cable clutch and use a normal manual ke70 pedal box, 4age you will need a hydraulic one (AE71) ideally.

I'd suggest having a troll through some rides threads there a copious amounts of SR, 4AGE and 5K builds.

Will give you a good idea of what the things needed are and if you have the skills you should be able to decide from there.

EDIT : There is always the 7k too if you can swing it.

Edited by blzbub666

Hey mate nice ride. It's quite beneficial for you that you're handy with a spanner, hhaa, too many people come on here saying "i wanna put a sr20 in my car, but i'm not sure how, oh yea i'm 15 and have no mechanical knowledge" haha. They don't last long

As the other fellas have said i'd go a 5kc (the 1500cc K motor) or even if you want something a bit more maybe a 7k? or even a 4age (i'm a sucker for a worked K motor tho). Have a look around, there's heaps and heaps of threads about people doing many different engine conversions. .

"I'd suggest having a troll through some rides threads there a copious amounts of SR, 4AGE and 5K builds."

As bzlbub said, but i'd maybe have a trawl not a troll, haha, don't think you'll get far doing that, haha.

Methinks someone needs to rehash some of their internet lingo :P

Ps, jokes bzl :laff:

ball ache to do a manual conversion etc.

Naw.... easy for a mech. Its in here-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/page__p__445727__fromsearch__1#entry445727

Just bore your 4K, fit 80mm pistons and fit twin carbs/cam/exhaust. You will have enough contacts inthe trade to get good deals and be taught a lot.

ive got a complete 3tc with crossmember, all factory gear that will bolt in, you will just need to put a manual behind it, as its auto at the moment...

Will bolt in but then you need to weld on steering rack mounts on. T18 manual gear boxes are cheap too.