Ke10/Gt4

ke10jr

Members dont see this ad

These convert my car to this car ideas do pop up every now and again

but the reality is its going to be very difficult and expensive to

do properly as most people realize eventually... do some forum searches

and you will find a few old threads with abandoned ideas of past attempts...

Why not restore a ke10 to overrated spec, build an all out GT4 weapon

and save the rest of the the time, money and effort for other things?

I was looking at the two Tercels at the wreckers the other day and thinking exactly the same thing... A 4WD KE70 would be nice...

The re-organising of the front chassis rails would be the first thing, they need really high arches to clear the front driveshafts. Maybe a cut and paste from the Tercel.

Then under the floor there would be changes to fit the transfer case in, I'm sure. That's the only unique part to a Tercel apparently, as all the other mechanical parts come from other Toyotas.

I drove a 4WD Nissan Pulsar in NZ for a few years and was most impressed with the grip in the wet. Much much safer than the NissaPulsar FWD I replaced. With our wonderful sytem of Jap Imports over there you can get most cars in 4WD, its amazing what they build. Even Honda Civics, yet Honda don't build RWD.

If you live near Orange I'll be happy to help!

wow ive started a debate :blinks:

i have already restored a ke10 to nanna spec 2spd toyoglide k engine the thing is a great cruiser turns alot of heads but now I'm after one to build race spec the point of this thread was to get peoples input on if it would even be possible to build not if i could afford it or not, i will continue with my research and if i can get a game plan together this will happen but its still on the drawing board at the moment :hmm: i think if the setup is done properly anything is possible power to weight ratio would be insane thing would do impressive 1/4 mile times :yes:

Thanks for the input guys

hey bro, let me just say do it, i myself love 4wd, ive owned heaps of mitsi evo's vr4's and they handling and power is great to have so y not in a old skol car, ive owned a shit load of old skol mini's and have toy'd with the idea of making my minis rwd or 4wd, and infact they have made and make kits for 4wd mini's, so what I'm saying is go for it, you just need to think about it, i recken double wishbone rear end and a subframe would be good as it would just bolt straight in, have you thought about vtec setup for it, ive added a site to have a look at it might help you out and give you and idea of how you could do it. if you need any more info let me no ive go a heap of ideas.

http://superfastminis.com/AWD_CRV_KIT.htm

I would be inclined to use a Nissan GTiR car, cut the shell off it and graft a KE10 onto it,

they are both two doors, obviously the size will not match, just stretch it accordingly,

and you can pick them up for about 7 - 10K

Think of the headache trying to jam and cut up the KE

and those engines spit out 174kw in their day, and they hammer

My input, and i know people will hate me for referrencing a Nissan haha

Correct-O Dave-O haha

AWD Paw and Quads, great response

If you think about the conversion, you have power steering, air con, even the power windows

and options to upgrade to GT-R33 Brakes, you have to put a cage in it also

you need to look at the toymods thread of the dude who shoehorned a 1uz and nissan gtr running gear into a first gen celica.

that will give you an idea of what you will need to do to make it work.

all the best.

prove 'em wrong, but don't f@$k it up. there's a lot of people who have a soft spot for the ke10's and they won't forgive you...