Ke30, Sr20 Sleeper Build. New Pics...

stealth20b

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all havent posted coz my wife hasnt been doing too well with this prenancy and mybee looks that we may have the baby earlier than expected, so this now means that my deadline is out the window, will try for the end of the year but have to help the wife out for now...

got alittle bit of work done when i could and will slowly post progress reports and pics.

i have recieved my diff back from powdercoat and its reasembled and in the car, all except the axles which arent able to be resplined so now i have to search for late 80's possibly early 90's hilux 5 stud axles, if anyone can help if they have any the want to sell can u let me know as this too is holding me up.

I have read on here about front hub conversions to 5 stud to use cressida hubs? Does anyone know what needs to be done to fit these or what have others done? i can't find the thread on this....

• 3 weeks later...

Heres some updates and pics, worth the wait hadn't done much as quick as i wanted but still making progress slowly.

I got my diff back from powdercoat and reasembled with new seals, and new u bolts to bolt into postion on the leaf spring.

With the offset the steel rims i wanted to run stuck out too far so i ended up buying some new 18's that fit perfectly without mods to the rear.

The rear inner gaurds and front inners have been coated in stonegaurd to help protct from the elements and it looks good too,

Bay has be 70% gound done of welds and should get it done this week and primer the rest and to primer the bay so body filler can be applied where necesary,

Air box is done and just needs alittle sectioning for the cooler pipe to pass through, as it has deflected section to guide air in between the cooler and around the light. also have mounted the washer bottle in the front gaurd with it accessable through the airbox

Intercooler has had dounut bends welded on each end and brackets, i have painted it black in pressure pack so if i want to change it later i can with ease, but it looks very sleeper as you can't see it at all when the panels are back on.

so enjoy the pics and all coments are welcomed, will post more as i progress.

post-13775-0-40277600-1316956301_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-28532100-1316956321_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-87087100-1316956362_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-99941300-1316956383_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-18124400-1316956410_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-06990600-1316956440_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-54011900-1316956466_thumb.jpg

thanks guys for your positive coments, the wheels are my favourite thing about the car at the moment coz i can start to see it taking shape, hope they don't draw away from the sleeper theme too much but thats all that will be done cosmeically apart from a good clean and polish.

also got bonnet pins to secure the bonnet some more as it will be going a little faster than what it did in the 70's and don't want to see that hood come up...

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, quick update, finished my airbox, all cleanned up just need to cut the hole for the k&n once the motor is fitted, also been smothing out the bay and test fitted the passenger seat from the s15 into the ke30, not to difficult, outer rail nearly fits up just a new hole and it was done, inner side needs a bracket from the seat to the rail but it will be easy, got to get some material on monday for it.

heres a teaser pic of the seat bolted up on one side only, base is longer than standard ke30 and its a few inches lower too...

post-13775-0-10896500-1318064534_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome mate. What turbo you gonna use. Might wana have a look at this 30. sr20det e30

yeh thats a nice rolla, clean, very neat.

Atm it will be a standard engine transplant, bar the intercooler and exaust, as previously mentioned i just want to get it running first then worry about power ups as i wont have a car to drive the longer it takes. see where the future takes me...

Yeh the seats do look the part and don't draw away to much.

just looking at doing my front brake/5 stud conversion atm and how to runn my fuel system. any thoughts?

Good to hear this is still cracking along.

Fuel system? Convert the bung in the tank to a hose end fitting, then through floor to surge tank under car? whatever youre keen on really. a lot of people drop an in tank pump straight into the sender hole of the tank, though this idea is not the best for a boosted machine, fuel starvation = bent conrod/big blow up.

Keep the updates coming mate. :y:

pics old old / new rear shocks, now installed.

Air box comlete with hidged lid to body, bolts up to air box, sectioned for the cooler pipe with air deflection and partitioning to feed more air in when the car is moving, has a few blemishes from bending, a skim of filler on it to smooth out the imperfections as its gonna be painted same colour as the bay.

and i removed the old broken parcelshelf today as i had to take the seat out to instal the shocks so why not make the new shelf to, fitted with sony 190w 2 way 6 inch speakers, not keen on large sterios, prefer power, but still need tunes.

just need to get some vynle or material and trim it.

Question? Do the ke's come with black vynle seats, if so, anyone selling one, will suit my new front seats better than the cloth.

post-13775-0-84886900-1318682328_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-61833500-1318682394_thumb.jpg

post-13775-0-13928400-1318682413_thumb.jpg