84 Ke70 - Converted

Jrad

That wagon looks awesome!! Sorry about the confusion with the seca, Leigh does have a front brake upgrade and they still look small.

Your 70 looks great. Period correct wheels, quads and low enough to still be very practical!!

Oh yeah I did see that one you were referring too. And I was stressing about cutting 2 holes in my rad support for the cooler plumbing in my ke11!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paid for the ZZE corolla and it was dropped off today!

Very happy with such a great deal.

Got a few bonuses too - the guy threw in some Sportivo mag wheels and a hatch spoiler. So it'll be slightly different from day dot!

I'm going to put fog lights in it, and yellow-tint them JDM style haha.

Now just chasing a set of coilovers for it - I'm going 100% legit for a daily driver.

The keto doesn't matter so much as I don't do a ton of driving in it.

King springs will only drop it 50mm, and these things have like a 150mm wheel gap

After much deliberation as to what to do in terms of suspension for the ZZE (..maybe i should change this to a parallel build thread?) I purchased a set of coil-overs.

There were Tein super Wagon ones on ebay US for about $800 landed, but were second hand and may require re-building, etc. etc.

I was hesitant on other brands or cheap knock-offs, but did further investigation into BC coilovers as there are a LOT of people running them.

A lot of people had average reviews, but for every bad one there was 100 good ones.

They come with a 12 month warranty and are fully re-buildable.

It's not like I'm going to track this car - it's just because by the time I put king springs in it and different shocks (a daily, i want to do it properly!) it was only a few hundred more for an adjustable set-up.

Just Jap are the Aussie retailers for them, so I called them up today and they were super helpful with my questions.

Payed for them about half an hour ago - all sweet!

Now I'll sell my commodore and its wheels+tyres will pay for wheels and tyres on the ZZE.

As for repairs. I've stripped the whole car, repaired the bumpers already, fixed a few dash bits. It's going along swimmingly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hahaha! definitely should! They actually go pretty hard for a little engine.

May as well update. Found this cool image of mine from Toyota winterfest:

399622_4101556131502_532371453_n.jpg

Very nice!

The ZZE is finished, just waiting on a VIV for it. Sorry about the bad photo.

424352_4116716470501_987359331_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

ZZE is on the road now - all finished and going well.

Onto the main car. Picked up some wheels the other day.

Another favourite SSR Longchamps. Genuine Speed stars in 14x7 (I think) in +8 offset including some average tyres. 175/65 and 165/70 I think they are. Bit of stretch but not much. Odd sizes.. who does that?

Fitted them up... and one side fouled the coil-over. Turns out it seems I have either a bent stub axle or the coil-over is a bit off (they did look average when I bought them - home made job)

My other wheels are 0 offset so I never had that problem. So running a small spacer on the passenger side.

Anyway. A picture is worth a thousand words. Still a great looking wheel, but I'm not sure. Willing to sell the whole set if a good offer arises. I'll probably put them on eBay in a few weeks once uni is finished.

380118_4240105475149_302609890_n.jpg

282221_4240108195217_278378890_n.jpg

Thoughts on these? Don't know if I want to keep them. they don't sit as nice as my others.

Trades for some old school 14x7.5 or 8, 0 offset rims anyone? hehe.

Yeah, still can't decide. Longchamps are so nice, but these ones... maybe not for me.

If I can get longchamps in my dream offset/sizes I WILL MAKE THEM FIT.

Been driving it around, tyre keeps scrubbing mid-way (because they're stretched) on the rear wheel arch when I hit a bump as I'm too low for standard arches, lol.

The rears are bald anyway so not fussed.

Wheels are for sale (not officially, but for Rollaclub members that see this) so PM me offers if you're keen. Otherwise they'll go on Ebay in a couple weeks I guess.