Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Single Wheel Wear.

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I've just noticed my front left is wearing on the inside. All other wheels are wearing relatively evenly. Just wondering if it could be wheel alignment although id assume both fronts would be wearing.

I had it done not too long ago.

 

If not any ideas? Could that wheel be getting more brake pressure maybe meaning that tyre takes more load. Do I just go round way more right hand corners?

 

Having a google most are saying wheel alignment or bushes? I got new tierods before wheel alignment.

 

As always any advice appreciated.

 

Cheers, Reed

 

EDIT this is how drastic the difference in wear is.

 

FR

 

IMAG0750.jpg

 

FL

 

IMAG0751.jpg

Edited by blzbub666

I had the same problem, With camber this issue will never go away, Also if you have lowered your car the geometry of the front end will have moved out. toe out is what you have and can be fixed with a wheel aliment from any tyre shop. $50 and it reduce the problem to a bearable rate of wear

  • Author

Bastards. Only got done when I got the teks. That's Why I didn't think it could be that.

 

*shakes fist.

 

Ok at least its not something serious. Oh well Bob Jane Caloundra you just got black listed

 

Anyone got a 195 50 15 about 3/4 wear sitting around.

Edited by blzbub666

i have a similar thing going on the nissan. but not as bad as yours...that is some nasty wear going on there.

 

when i got all my suspension done i got a wheel align, got it done to factory settings except a bit of extra camber on the front (factory is -1 front, i got -1.5, thought i would give it a go)

 

I've noticed the front left inside Tyre is wearing a bit more than the others too. I noticed on my wheel alignment report, that they put a bit less (i think less...) castor on the left front in order to take into account the curvature of the road.....i wouldn't have though this will cause any issues though....

 

i would just take it somewhere and get it re done, go to one of those electronic wheel alignment places, then they can give you a print out of before and after, so you can compare.

If you have clipped a kerb or similar since the alignment, it may have shifted. And as above, if you have played with negative camber, you have to expect it.

 

I would be checking my balljoints and tierod ends, and the bushes in the lower arm and castor rods also.

 

Another possibility is a bent stub axle.

 

Whilst the wheel alignment is high on the list, you do need to consider those other factors too. How it sits when immobile is not necessarily what is happening when the front end is under load.

As you add more negative camber you need more toe-in, and you may have to move outside the factory specs.

 

This is classic for IS200s, there is stacks about it on the Altezzaclub forum, and finding a good wheel alignment techician is vital. I try and always use someone who works on race or rally cars, and I avoid the bigname franchises.

 

Also, I stand and watch them do it!

As you add more negative camber you need more toe-in, and you may have to move outside the factory specs.

 

 

yeah I'm just hoping he set the camber on my car before he set the toe, and not the other way around.

Generally what we do at work with wheel alignments is add a little bit more castor to the left side so when your on a uneven road the steering wheel is still relitavly straight, but if you have changed anything even ride height the toe setting will change.

  • Author

Had a good look and even to my untrained eye my wheels aren't, l l ,they are , \ /. Not happy. I'll go for a drive this avo and try find an independent place. Man that 50 odd bucks was earmarked. And now I need a new tyre. Cheers for the help. Is it normal for only one to wear like that?

well you can't adjust camber on standard ke70 anyway.

 

so to check your toe, just measure the distance between the front of your front tyres, and the rear of your front tyres. should be the same for zero toe.

  • Author

They are out by heaps. This is the best way I can show you. Should I sue? :blinks:

 

Got the FR as straight as I could.

 

IMAG0753.jpg

 

 

This was the FL.

 

IMAG0754.jpg

 

So yeah I think I have found the issue. I mean really WTF? I might go have a chat with them. Wish I had the docket still. And no, I haven't hit anything.

 

Should I ask for a bit of toe in?

We grabbed two straight pieces of alloy (window channel is great) about a metre long. I marked the tyres using a level, but you could just get 4 lots of bricks or timber about 200mm high, such that a tape goes right under the car in front and behind the tyres. (exhaust gets in the way)

 

Then we held the alloy on the marks and measured in front and behind, and adjusted it to a couple of mm toein.

 

When I had a wheel alignment a few weeks later is was fine.

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/page__st__30

post-7544-0-18153100-1311245069_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.