March 18, 201214 yr Author comment_591085 Head gasket shit itself today, right when i was about to set off on a cruise Not a happy camper :bash: :bash: :bash: If anyone has a 4k head they want to get rid of please let me know I am going to go full house with the head, and prefer to leave my engine whole in the process as it may take a couple of months due to funds I am spewing Report
March 18, 201214 yr comment_591168 Another minor addition Went to Ato one to grab some brake fluid and saw this beauty, i coldnt walk past without buying it, suits my muscle car theme down to a tee Let me know what you think, its the steering wheel by the way :cool: Yeah wheel looks good man, I saw a wood grain version of this wheel in some american muscle car recently and thought it would be nice in the rolla. Black looks great as well, will search around for one for my car. Report
March 20, 201214 yr Author comment_591588 After much mental anguish and deliberation, I put a deposit down on a 7k today :cool: Decided i may have been flogging a dead horse with the 4k so rather than throw money at the head on that I'm buying a low km 7k Will stick the weber on there and my 2" exhaust is good to go so should see a decent gain Stay tuned, over the coming weeks will start stripping the engine bay to make way for the 1.8l Then the fun begins :yes: Report
March 20, 201214 yr comment_591597 I read your whole thread last night man it looks so neat with all the chrome highlights everywhere mate, I'm glad you ditched those big chrome wheels for what's on it now, chrome wheels don't belong on corollas EVER :P haha Report
March 20, 201214 yr Author comment_591639 I am now thinking about using the standard efi setup on the engine, has anyone done this? Any thoughts Cheers Andrew Report
March 21, 201214 yr Author comment_591675 Scratch That, ill be sticking with the weber I will have for sale a 7k efi manifold in a month or so, if anyone is interested feel free to throw me a PM, will be posted in the for sale section after i get it Report
April 27, 201214 yr Author comment_600240 So i finally picked up my 7K on thursday and have been working on it since got the engine all mounted in without any sump mods as well STOKED, photos of where i am up to now, will start putting the weber extractors starter etc on today, so should be very close to a fire up today if not next weekend for sure Report
April 27, 201214 yr comment_600249 got the engine all mounted in without any sump mods as well STOKED Did you just drop it in? with standard mounts and brackets? If so info that we all have been given over the past years is a lie! Work looks awesome! love the bay Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_600305 Looks great Andrew, looking forward to seeing it all done. Keep up the good work ! Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_600314 Did you just drop it in? with standard mounts and brackets? If so info that we all have been given over the past years is a lie! Work looks awesome! love the bay what i was just thinking aswell! unless 7k's have a rear and some have a front sump? or ke30 x members are different? wtf! Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_600318 I doubt you could drive it like that though, which is why people say you have to recess the middle of the sump? Could be wrong though! Just through the sump would rattle on the x-member when it's running Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_600329 I knew some questions would be raised on this HaHa So we made up spacer plates and the engine sits about 12mm higher than normal, the sump clears the xmember at the narrowest point by about 8mm I am about 30mins work away from firing it up (next weekend though), and we tried to shake the shit out of the engine to see if it hits at all but its all good Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_600335 More photos of the progress, all that is left to do is change the dizzy over, hook the exhaust back up and some tuning and she is good to go Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now