Legalities Of Open Air Filters

cinky

Members dont see this ad

Well, if they were enclosed they couldn't get any air in.... So you end up arguing about what % closed.

Why do they want them enclosed? I can't see any advantage in covering them, unless you tube cold air in, and the disadvantage is that it kills airflow.

The parasites in Govt are weird !

It has nothing to do with induction noise.

The reason they want the filters in an air-box of some shape or description is to act as a spark arrestor in case there is a backfire through the intake.

Sparks + fuel vapours = fire!

Edited by Raven

It has nothing to do with induction noise.

The reason they want the filters in an air-box of some shape or description is to act as a spark arrestor in case there is a backfire through the intake.

Sparks + fuel vapours = fire!

Interesting, I'd always been under the impression they were concerned about drive-by/induction noise levels. Cheers. :y:

All well & good for those with metal air filter assemblies, but for those of us with plastic items, what the heck are they gonna do? Melt? :lol:

The parasites in Govt are weird !

Yup...& some people actually voted for them...

Edited by carbonboy

Pod filters are actualy legal. The reason most people get stung for them is because they are not secured properly.

i.e just dangling in the air. I bought my missis a car from a cop who had actually fitted extractors and a pod filter.

The car is a Mazda 323 SP20. The top hat style filter must be complied, like any other modification. It's not a safetly concern

more of an insurance and liability issue.