Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

Aaaah the sweet sound of success. That must be music to your ears. She just keeps getting better.

Edited by Big G
Typo

Looks and sounds amazing!

A good read and quite the inspirational thread! Cheers for sharing!

  • Author

Haha maybe, if she can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Anywho, I went for a long drive up over Mt Mee to Woodford.  A nice drive that.  A Fat six chinned motherfucker took exception to me for some reason and tailgated me in a threatening manner all the way near to Dayboro, then when the first chance was there, I overtook the car in front hoping to leave him behind, and he followed, buzzed really close to the 86 and shot around me, and kept accelerating, and then pulled out to pass 2 more cars without looking in the oncoming lane at 140 plus and came at full lock up within 50m of a combined 240klm/hr impact.  What a fucking psycho, literally ran a family off the road, then just went for it again a moment later.  White late 90s v6 camry.  Be warned.

 

Once that drama was done it was a lovely cruise.  I stopped at Woodford and had a coffee, and analysed my logs, then I got back on the road and logged and did some more analysis.  I can drive the car at any tps at 900rpm now.  I found a few lean maps and fixed those.  Economy is also the best its ever been.  It brought up 160klm before it hit 1 quarter gone.  Then after returning to the city, I had a guy in a ae92sx waving to me with some real interest in the car on Newmarket road.  It gets a few weird looks.  A guy at Coles the other day I swear got wood looking at it.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Yeah i dont like people. 

1 hour ago, LittleRedSpirit said:

What a fucking psycho,

People, what a bunch of bastards.

Got a dash cam yet?

My wife was involved with a car park bingle that unfortunately left us out of pocket due to not being able to prove the other party completely at fault. Apparently a 90yr old driving a car that he admitted he had the seat too far forward causing him to get his foot stuck on the accelerator isnt enough.... 

So bought her a dash cam. pretty nifty thing, and you just forget about it as it records automatically. Although hers is a bit big for small cars, suits her forester fine.  I haven't got one for the bmw yet, but there are some low profile Blackvue branded ones that might suit the small car. 

Twas a lovely day yesterday for a drive regardless. 

 

  • Author

So when I built this car I never put fresh brakes on it.  The rotors were thick enough, and the pads meaty enough, but it looked like it had been pad slapped.  I just let it wear the rust off and it worked well enough for a year or two now on the road.  Recently the pedal has felt like its had a lot of rotor runout.  A bit twitchy at speed.  Ive had some rotors and pads on the shelf for ages so I decided today was the day.

59ba143c410f4_Screenshot_20170914-1526531.thumb.png.cd99bd8979d2f0b562cedd686a2b888c.png

Im glad I did, this pad was cracked clear through the friction material in more than one place.

59ba14a40d65f_Screenshot_20170914-1526381.thumb.png.1db764d93b89780d5ce9bd6daf37e6ea.png59ba14ba01872_Screenshot_20170914-1527111.thumb.png.ac60206b6ec389c4070403689b3b0ae5.png

Pedal is now butter.

  • Author

Starting to think about ripping the engine out and going to 11:1 cr.

Ive got a nice Micrometer on the way.  I pretty much have everything else.  The pistons and rings, the rod bolts and the head gasket.  Ive been thinking about getting another 2azfe to throw in while the current one is out, but I think Id rather put the money into bigger itbs.

Ill have to borrow an engine stand or maybe make one.

  • Author

Picked up a ring compressor, and also a pair of ring expanding pliers to get them on.  Also some better feeler gauges and some T gauges to check the bore.

Need the black Toyota goop for the crankcases and sump, and some assembly lube for the bearings.

Waiting on CP to send some piston clearances.  There's no info sheet in my piston box except for the ring gaps.

Motor is so new Ill just pick up whatever seals I need while its apart.  Hopefully I dont see the need to replace anything else.  Im interested in fitting a water jacket spacer in the motor while its apart, its something they added for 2006 that the early engine doesn't have.  Same with piston oil squirters .

 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well yesterday was eventful.

I threw an opening bid on a repairable write off Camry, as it was the cheapest way to get a low klm 2azfe, and I got it.  It cost 1088 including auction fees fro a 2003 white Camry with a hit in the side.  The car has 78000klms only.  Ill sell what I dont need, scrap the body and take the motor for myself.

Otherwise I was looking at either a rebuild-able one for about 300 to rebuild for practice, or paying 2000 ish for one from the wreckers with unknown miles.  Winning.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.