t18drifts

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Solex's are not as bad or witchcraft like as is constantly made out.

There is a guru in Canberra who rebuilds them, and its not cheap, but its not expensive.

Had mine fully done for about $500-$600 and they have been perfectly reliable.

http://www.rmcarburetors.net/

Rodger is awesome with solexes.

What your getting is like a hydraulic lock, there is so much fuel, it is washing the bores. So wet under compression the plug won't arc.

I had the exact same problem with my solex set up. I suggest you drop your oil. It's likely all that unburnt fuel is ending up in the sump. Thinning the oil... this causes bearings, rings and gaskets to live very short lives.

I gave up for this exact reason. It needs to go to the dynosaurus bro...

Edited by GJM85

Solex are good carbs IF done right.

I use a set there are different models only ONE 1 type suffered wiggleing lose parts. This is solved by design change of the venturies.

As for parts etc wolf creek or RM will sort you out. Not cheap I spent well over 1K getting mine sorted but once set never had to touch them. It would have been cheaper for me to go webber or another brand but I used Solex for they come from Japan and suited my build better.

But by the looks of your compression test engine might be out of steam.

Note. If you were cranking on a battery doing compression test from cyclinder 1-4 by the time you got to 3 the battery might have been a little weak not cranking the motor as fast tus giving a lower reading. Make sure you have a good strong crank of the engine during the whole test. Test is useless if you don't as you jsut added another factor that will change results.

So try again if not @T/3T motors seem to be all the go :)

Cameron