September 8, 201115 yr Author comment_552322 oh I'm to scareed i don't want to find out i have a crook 3t oh well just an excuse to rebuild it hehe Report
September 8, 201115 yr comment_552339 I'd suggest that if the carb's aren't lined up particularly well that that isn't going to do you any favours. Can you fix it? Report
September 8, 201115 yr comment_552359 Get a piece of garden hose and put it up to the edge of the carb and see if they all sound similar, you will no what I mean when you do it. and a compression test! I got about 175PSI on my 3t, all standard internals. Report
September 8, 201115 yr Author comment_552374 hmmm ok cou,ld make some sense ill try it later cheers Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_552391 Solex's are not as bad or witchcraft like as is constantly made out. There is a guru in Canberra who rebuilds them, and its not cheap, but its not expensive. Had mine fully done for about $500-$600 and they have been perfectly reliable. http://www.rmcarburetors.net/ Rodger is awesome with solexes. Report
September 9, 201115 yr Author comment_552504 DID LEE compretion test cyclinder 1 140psi 2 140 psi 3 100 psi 4 75 psi i also notice on the carb for 3 and 4 on the chrome filter back plate there is brownish black schorch marks ?????????????????????????????????????????? :glare: Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_552520 DID LEE compretion test cyclinder 1 140psi 2 140 psi 3 100 psi 4 75 psi As "TRD ke70" said you can't tune a farked engine. Sounds like it's time for a 2t/3tg hybrid!! Stu. Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_552523 What your getting is like a hydraulic lock, there is so much fuel, it is washing the bores. So wet under compression the plug won't arc. I had the exact same problem with my solex set up. I suggest you drop your oil. It's likely all that unburnt fuel is ending up in the sump. Thinning the oil... this causes bearings, rings and gaskets to live very short lives. I gave up for this exact reason. It needs to go to the dynosaurus bro... Edited September 9, 201115 yr by GJM85 Report
September 9, 201115 yr Author comment_552529 hmm I'm not blowing smoke or anything only under heavy throttle ill get some black smoke it hasnt just changed either if anything its faster ......................... but anyway :hmm: Report
September 9, 201115 yr Author comment_552530 As "TRD ke70" said you can't tune a farked engine. Sounds like it's time for a 2t/3tg hybrid!! Stu. tell me more bro :fuzz: Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_552532 Solex are good carbs IF done right. I use a set there are different models only ONE 1 type suffered wiggleing lose parts. This is solved by design change of the venturies. As for parts etc wolf creek or RM will sort you out. Not cheap I spent well over 1K getting mine sorted but once set never had to touch them. It would have been cheaper for me to go webber or another brand but I used Solex for they come from Japan and suited my build better. But by the looks of your compression test engine might be out of steam. Note. If you were cranking on a battery doing compression test from cyclinder 1-4 by the time you got to 3 the battery might have been a little weak not cranking the motor as fast tus giving a lower reading. Make sure you have a good strong crank of the engine during the whole test. Test is useless if you don't as you jsut added another factor that will change results. So try again if not @T/3T motors seem to be all the go :) Cameron Report
September 9, 201115 yr comment_552540 nah bro i started at 4 then to 1 :bash: Compression test should be done with a warm engine. Throttle fully open. Test each cylinder 3-5 cycles. 170psi+ cranking compression is good. Report
September 9, 201115 yr Author comment_552541 i can take the leads of 3 and 4 and does nothing still runs th same there is spark there 100% hmm build the 3t or go twin cam t series style with carbs Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now