Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 Beams

Featured Replies

  • Author

OrangeLJ - I'm on the south coast of NSW. I will look them up and give them a call too. Cheers

  • Replies 373
  • Views 776.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer abo

  • Just get an 86 Quaife rack... Got a TRD one sitting on the shelf :) No need to shorten it... you will remember to not turn to much haha.

  • you could get away with buying a mandrel donut or two to make that bend a bit tidier, would give you a nice radius rather than flats.   good onya for giving it a go though.

Posted Images

  • Author

So I spent most of the weekend working on the car with some very pleasing progress. I got the rest of the exhaust put together, I'm not entirely happy with the rear muffler arrangement but it will do for now. Also I'm thinking about remaking the section over the diff with mandrel bends, just to make it a little smoother and neater.

 

Ground clearance was a mojor issue as i wanted around 10mm for clearance from the body of the car. The exhausts lowest point finished up smack on 100mm from the ground when its sitting at ride height.

 

post-10705-0-01474500-1352672341_thumb.jpg post-10705-0-02913300-1352672378_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-76337500-1352672400_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-73047400-1352672445_thumb.jpg

post-10705-0-92479900-1352672421_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-27141300-1352672471_thumb.jpg

 

I also mounted the air temp sensor by making a bracket out of flat aluminium i had spare from the radiator end tank construction. It is quite a simple design and bolts between no.1 & no.2 intake trumpet. (will post some pics tonight)

 

Now its onto routing the clutch and brake lines this week. Not really looking forward to it to be hones but it has to be done.

you could get away with buying a mandrel donut or two to make that bend a bit tidier, would give you a nice radius rather than flats.

 

good onya for giving it a go though.

  • Author

Yeah pretty much what I had in mind, it will allow me to reposition the rear muffler too. I have a few other issues I need sorting out, the motor is only firing on 1&4 so I need to hunt that issue down before I progress any further.

  • Author

Ok so I spent the morning installing the brake switch and clutch/brake reservior. Pretty happy with how it all came together although there isn't much room for filter socks or manifold now. Not sure how I'll get around this issue but I'll sort that later haha.

 

So I pulled the pedals out of the car and bent up the horizontal part of the bracket for the brake switch and drilled the mounting hole in it for the switch. I then cut and drilled the mounting plate that attaches to the pedal assembly. From here I bolted the mounting bracket to the pedals and measured the length of the horizontal piece + a few mm's just in case. Then I put the horizontal bracket into place ensuring the switch was activated when the pedal was in the relaxed position and welded it together. With this setup the switch completes the brake circuit when the pedal is pushed to the floor.

 

post-10705-0-28010100-1353129788_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-39634900-1353129857_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-22171000-1353129912_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-08897200-1353129985_thumb.jpg

 

So then I moved onto the reservior mount. I am a little confined as to where I could put this as the full level in the reservior must be above the master cylinder so the fluid will flow under gravity. I also didn't want to run hoses all over the engine bay so as close to the firewall was the neatest and most logical spot. Now I've seen Jordain's setup where he is going to move his wiper motor to allow more room for his reserviors on top of the m/cylinders but this presents its own problems of making sure the fluid doesn't leak out without being noticed in behind the dash and also the issue of remounting the wiper motor and making sure everything works as it should.

 

First I made a template of the shape of the strut tower where I roughly thought the reservior was going to sit (doesn't need to be perfect as the welding process fills any small gaps). I then made sure this level was above the m/cylinders (as mentioned before) and cleaned the area up with a sanding disc ready for welding. I had a lower control arm from another diff laying around so I cut a piece from that and cut the shape out of it. Drilled some mounting holes and welded the nuts to the back of the mount. I then double checked its position with the reservior mounted to the bracket and tacked it to the strut tower.

 

post-10705-0-21291200-1353130381_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-37445500-1353130440_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-16791000-1353130499_thumb.jpg

 

So it looks like this when finished

 

post-10705-0-12425300-1353130571_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-38551300-1353130644_thumb.jpg

Looking good mate, very thought out process,

 

You going to be running a booster for the brakes?

  • Author

Nisrola - not to start with as I have a friend with a similar setup with no booster and his brakes have great feel and don't need to much effort to get it to pull up. If it doesn't work all that well I will be putting a booster under each front guard (for front and rear) to fix it. Fingers crossed it works fine without it though, will be a massive pain in the arse to replumb it.

what are you doing for a airbox over the quads as this wont pass unless they are covered up

15676hh.jpg

sqle6u.jpg

mb5pvr.jpg

sqle6u.jpg

nxjpti.jpg

something like this etc

  • Author

Yeah I'm gunna need to make some sort of filter box. Probably out of fiberglass maybe alloy sheet. Definitely will need to sort something out. Are those photos of a 4a???

also sorry been away what [parts were you after water pump cam belt and tensioner pulleys

  • Author

Is this you Glenn??? I was chasing a timing belt and tensioner but got a genuine belt from Toyota for $84 so pretty happy with that.

Do you have any dimensions for the air box, like how tall the air box is, how far it extends behind the last throttle body (toward the firewall)??? Also who made the curved trumpets?? They look trick :)

  • Author

Sweet!!! Do you make them to suit blacktop quads????

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.