Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 Beams

Featured Replies

speed flow comes in black too or even custom colours IIRC

  • Replies 373
  • Views 776.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer abo

  • Just get an 86 Quaife rack... Got a TRD one sitting on the shelf :) No need to shorten it... you will remember to not turn to much haha.

  • you could get away with buying a mandrel donut or two to make that bend a bit tidier, would give you a nice radius rather than flats.   good onya for giving it a go though.

Posted Images

Most companies do a range of colours now (black and silver included) I'm only running black stuff these days, red/blue is just too gaudy.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So I've been busy over the last few weeks with the arrival of my first child, a little boy :) I have however had Todd back around a to check his template he made before bending up the finished product. Before I continue I cannot endorse Todd from Signature Swaybars enough, top bloke and such a professional. So anyway he made up a test bar to make sure he was on the right track before bending up the finished item.post-10705-0-75153100-1362225305_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-88897900-1362225315_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-69316800-1362225331_thumb.jpg So there were a few changes that we felt would make it a better product and came back this morning with the final product. What can I say it fits perfect, looks great and was extremely well priced. Here are some photos of the finished item.post-10705-0-99588300-1362224408.jpgpost-10705-0-12252400-1362262355.jpgpost-10705-0-87586500-1362262541.jpgpost-10705-0-23753200-1362225118_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-72155500-1362225292.jpg

Congrats on the bub!

 

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the custom bar set you back?

  • Author

$275 mate, $550 for custom front and rears. Hopefully have the rear installed this weekend.

  • Author

Yeah way cheaper than I had expected. Best to call him on (02) 4421 2722 as he has a couple hundred templates for all different setups. Mine was just a custom one for my bitza setup lol

Congrats on the birth of your son Luke.

So your the reason we've been having trouble getting onto Todd. I run their bars on my 11 well worth the money.

  • Author

Cheers kickn5k and orangelj :) the little man is definitely a blessing. Yeah Todd is flat out at the moment but was more than helpful when it came to discussing options and sizes etc. well worth considering for any sway bar requirement.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

So its been a while since I posted any updates and a few things have been completed. Firstly I had Todd from Signature Bars come back round and finish the rear sway bar. Awesome job, fits prefect and looks really good (will post up some shots of it tomorrow).

 

After a lot of thought I have also started to make a car rotisserie from engine stands. I was gunna buy a good one but realised I probably wont be building another car for a while after this so a budget rotisserie is now in the build. I had an engine stand just sitting around so I made a bracket up that mounts to the bumper bar mounts. It is height adjustable to allow for better weight distribution too.

post-10705-0-73689400-1364727047.jpgpost-10705-0-01796400-1364727369.jpgpost-10705-0-05593800-1364727382.jpgpost-10705-0-43553600-1364727438_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-08098000-1364727470.jpgpost-10705-0-98378400-1364727503_thumb.jpg

I bought another engine stand for the rear and will be making some sort of bracket attachment up tomorrow (will post pics when its done).

 

So after getting the front mount sorted I started stripping the front end down to get it ready to sort the rust and body work out finally.post-10705-0-34046900-1364728602.jpgpost-10705-0-57681900-1364728612_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-78211400-1364728622.jpgpost-10705-0-41611500-1364728640.jpgpost-10705-0-82063900-1364728662.jpgpost-10705-0-51731100-1364728672.jpgpost-10705-0-70305300-1364728805.jpgpost-10705-0-32043800-1364728815_thumb.jpg

Love the rotisserie! Farming spec, probably what we will do at Woolshed Rallying!

 

Put a couple of angled braces on the upright, and make sure you have two long bits of box-section bolted between the front and rear engine stands. I'd hate to be pushing it around the garage and have a wheel jam in the concrete...

Mate, good see to see you're back on the car. Hope little Jasper is getting used to the sound of the angle grinder!

 

I'll give you Wayne's number if you want to outsource those rust repairs! Also will drop around the spare wheel well when I'm down next..

  • Author

Altezzaclub - after some more deliberation and investigation I've decide not to use the engine stands. I realized that I would need to severely modify both of them too much as they are different heights therefore the car would rotate on different planes and not work. I've decided to buy a pre-fabbed one as after searching for supplies and associated pieces to make a dedicated rotisserie I've found one for less than I thought.

 

Davros - yeah mate thought I'd get back into the shed and get some progress happening, as good as it is just to spend all day with the little man it's totally unproductive haha and being so close to the end I just had to get into it :) yeah let me know when your coming down next as I'd like to come have a look at your shell before its put in primer and painted. Always good to brainstorm a bit before jumping in head first on my repairs.

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys . I'm new to this forum . Formal introduction is order,by trade I'm a diesel mechanic and I'm true toyota fanatic.so I'm proud to be part of this forum. I NEED HELP Big Time ????? with my current project ??? My vehicle is at the dyno shop at the moment,its on 136kw but they still busy tuning it. So I will get on Friday...I have put in a 3sge dual vvti BEAMS blacktop with 45mm itb's and the 6speed tranny. I put this setup in my nissan 1400 LDV . At the moment my nissan weighs 750kg . I NEED HELP GUYS ?? I want to put get high performance engine parts,like camshafts ,valve springs ect. I'm in South Africa and I can't find any performance parts for this engine(3sge dual vvti blacktop) NEED HELP GUYS???? Thanks

  • Author

Dale - I am not all to familiar with performance parts for the 3SGE motor apart from ITB's and aftermarket computers. I would try Altezzaclub forums or even chase down 'CelicaRA45' on toymods.com he has built some serious track cars with the 3SGE Beams engine and done alot of R&D work too. Good luck.

 

On another note I picked up my rotisserie over the weekend and have started to mount the shell up in preperation for the rust and undercarraige work about to begin.

Here is a few photos so far.....

post-10705-0-87258500-1367279454.jpg post-10705-0-25773900-1367279455.jpg post-10705-0-56618500-1367279455.jpg post-10705-0-93422400-1367279455.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.