Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke11 Beams

Featured Replies

  • Author

So tax time has been good me this year, along with the new front end set-up for the 11 I picked up from a mate I also managed to grab a bargain and buy a Datsun 1200 Sedan with 5 months rego. The car is totally stock with the original A12 and 3 speed auto. I needed a cruiser and this fits the bill perfectly. I will be giving her a coat of original white, some wheels, patch the interior up (no carpet and seats need re-trimming) and a manual conversion to make her a little more enjoyable to drive.

post-10705-0-55252300-1407131510_thumb.jpg

Don't worry guys and girls I still have plans to have the 11 back on its wheels and ready to be tuned in the coming months. It just means the paint and interior will have to wait until next year haha

  • Replies 373
  • Views 776.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Stu- It's funny how ya go looking for one thing only to find another. I put mine on the first time only to find the drivers side rail had some serious rust coming through. I spoke to the engineer abo

  • Just get an 86 Quaife rack... Got a TRD one sitting on the shelf :) No need to shorten it... you will remember to not turn to much haha.

  • you could get away with buying a mandrel donut or two to make that bend a bit tidier, would give you a nice radius rather than flats.   good onya for giving it a go though.

Posted Images

Now you have 2 white datsuns, Just one has a beams ;)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So a few things have been going on lately with the new front suspensions setup and body work.

 

Firstly I have mounted up the front suspension and had new camber plates made to suit the K-Mac tops I now have.

post-10705-0-53659300-1407986551_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-45767700-1407986558_thumb.jpg

This setup gives me around -3deg camber and more than enough castor.

I also finally finished the shifter surround in the gearbox tunnel. It should look much neater once its got some sealer and carpet over it

post-10705-0-34383800-1407986750_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-79395900-1407986756_thumb.jpg

Now to just grind back a few welds and get the underside sealed up :) hopefully it will be back on her wheels and driving by next weekend

  • Author

Cheers 67Rolla-Ken, I can finally see the end of the tunnel in regards to the bodywork and the whole project for that matter. I am just stoked to have the welding done and it nearly ready to be removed from the rotisserie. It will be nice to have some space back in the shed to have a clean up :)

I'm really not keen to start seam welding!

 

I've read this thread so many times now, I love it!!

  • Author

Just a word of advice Birksyy, make sure your seams are extremely clean before welding. On a couple of mine the sealer had melted between the panels and caused the welds to be less than desirable due to contamination this caused me to go back over a couple. Also it might be easier to drill extra spot weld holes on all the accessible areas and weld it up like that, I read an article about seam welding the other day and they were talking about the stresses on the steel from welding the edges like I have. Probably not a bad idea to stitch it instead of laying seams to, would make it much neater.

just letting you know that i make dry sump pans to suit the altezza and 3sgte motors to rwd .total pan depth at the pick ups is 85mm

  • Author

Got any photos autofill??? Not sure where your taking your measurement and if it will much help for me.

hows this then ps i sold you the quad throttle adapter

2hydxev.jpg

nmje3c.jpg

2hydxev.jpg

will bolt up to the block and the cas will also have enough room to work 45mm deep at the back and std altezza windage can bolt in as well

  • Author

Cheers Glenn, how much $$$ are you looking for???? Not really needing one for now but might invest later on.

there 650 each plus postage drilled and machined to suit altezza 3sge including the dowell holes as well

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

So its been way too long between updates on the old girl as I've been busy with other things. I have however been doing little bits and pieces over the last few weeks and this weekend presented a major milestone completed. I FINALLY sealed the underside of the old girl which will allow me to get her off the rotisserie and move ahead with the painting inside and reinstalling the driveline over the next few weeks. A few pics to show everyone what happened.

post-10705-0-29128400-1423961616_thumb.jpg post-10705-0-62109900-1423961635_thumb.jpg post-10705-0-57972900-1423961646_thumb.jpg post-10705-0-32508400-1423961656_thumb.jpg post-10705-0-90888900-1423961599_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-03036900-1423961689_thumb.jpgpost-10705-0-15727000-1423961697_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Hey 67Rolla-Ken,

It is a spray on under body sealer. I bought is from my local autobarn store. It is 'Motorspray - stone guard'. You use a special gun that screws to the lid of the can and sprays out through a 7mm nozzle, it gives a textured finish that protects against rust, stone chips and helps with road noise reduction. They use it on most new cars too.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.