The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Going to look at another *E7* tomorrow, this one has a 4AGE. I bet it's totally rusty though.

I never realised how neat my blue KE70 was until I started looking to buy another one. People try and sell some seriously crummy, overpriced cars.

Turns out it had a 20v and was super quick, but it was rank. It had a pretty dodgy install, was rusted out and had some shitty mods. Was mod plated though.

Also, can someone please clear this up for me:

If you want to register a car in QLD with an engine/gearbox substitution, the car must:

a) have a mod plate

b) have the engineers certificate to accompany the mod plate

c) obtain a safety certificate

Is this true and is there anything else required, other than CTP or whatever?

The guy who was showing me his car today was trying to tell me I didn't need an engineer's certificate, and that just the mod plate was required to get it through rego. He had a seedy moustache though so I don't trust him lol

Edited by rianwest

Members dont see this ad

Going to look at another *E7* tomorrow, this one has a 4AGE. I bet it's totally rusty though.

I never realised how neat my blue KE70 was until I started looking to buy another one. People try and sell some seriously crummy, overpriced cars.

Rian, there's a couple of nice ones around here. Really good condition. I've only ever seen one of them actually being driven. The rest of the time they're both parked in the exact same spots. They never move. Don't know if they're for sale but they're older fellas. I could ask if you wanted? And I'm pretty sure they're both running 4K's.

Rian, there's a couple of nice ones around here. Really good condition. I've only ever seen one of them actually being driven. The rest of the time they're both parked in the exact same spots. They never move. Don't know if they're for sale but they're older fellas. I could ask if you wanted? And I'm pretty sure they're both running 4K's.

*Only seen one of them being driven ONCE*

That would be cool if you could do that Will, though I would only buy a stocko KE70 if it was cheap or really neat. I've been trying to buy an AE71 or ?E7? already converted to 4AGE and save myself all the hassle and money, but it's proving difficult.

Edited by rianwest

honestly man if you get one thats rusty its not so bad, repair it (i have a welder and work for beer/cheap if you want it plated) rust is far easier to do than a engine conversion by far! get one mechanically sound itll be far easier to do rust/panel/paint as a beginner than trying to do a engine swap as a beginner

• Upvote 1

Oh and mod plate and roadworthy is enough to transfer rego, just asked my missus who works for transport.

But wouldn't the guy doing the roadworthy certificate want to see the engineer's certificate before he passed it? And I've heard that when the police pull you up they will want to see the engineer's certificate as well.

Also thanks heaps for the advice! This KE70 that I just looked at was neither mechanically nor physically sound, it was just dodgy. But now if I buy a car that needs panel work I'll know who to speak to. Thanks man

Oh and mod plate and roadworthy is enough to transfer rego, just asked my missus who works for transport.

Quoted for truth.

A mod plate is your portable engineers certificate. Transport have a record of the mod plate and exactly what it is plated for. Each mod plate is individually numbered and therefore traceable.

For a RWC, the mod plate codes just have to match the mods and away you go. The mod plate number is recorded on the RWC, cross checked at transport.

Then get plates, put on car.

That would be cool if you could do that Will, though I would only buy a stocko KE70 if it was cheap or really neat. I've been trying to buy an AE71 or ?E7? already converted to 4AGE and save myself all the hassle and money, but it's proving difficult.

Bit late for a reply but I can still ask if you wanted. They're pretty bloody neat. Both grandpa's. I can understand the want of a car with a conversion already done but I think I'm going to have fun doing mine. Picked up a 4AGE today. Stoked. Just need the rest of the gear now. Going to be fun!!

Just need the rest of the gear now.

lol goodluck finding it.

Though I guess now is the perfect time for you to do the conversion as you don't need the car anyway, no license right? Have you got a build thread or are you going to start one for your car?

That would be great if you could ask about those corollas. But if you don't get the opportunity then don't worry about it, I'm going to try and be patient and just wait for the right one to pop up :ninja:

Edited by rianwest

lol goodluck finding it.

Though I guess now is the perfect time for you to do the conversion as you don't need the car anyway, no license right? Have you got a build thread or are you going to start one for your car?

That would be great if you could ask about those corollas. But if you don't get the opportunity then don't worry about it, I'm going to try and be patient and just wait for the right one to pop up :ninja:

It shouldn't be too hard finding it all, I've seen most of it on here in few different for sale threads..I'm thinking Tweed wreckers might be worth a shot too..I've got a few other places in mind aswell. :ninja: In regards to my license, I just had to pay some of my fines off and it was all good from there. My 4k's just about dead though so the car will be off the road soon. I can sort out transport for uni now so it wont be too much of a problem. I might start a build thread..maybe. See how it goes. Nothing special to report really..A 4AG to come, MA61's, Shitty Beige, Shortie bumpers to come. Thats about it really. I'll ask those dudes for you when I'm around that way next.