The Off-Topic Thread

rian

as most of you guys know i work for a crash repair parts supplier. We stock a range of factory genuine parts and amongst those we have a few great wall bits, upon inspection of the front and rear bar reos we stock they are all rusting underneath the paint on them. these parts were stamped with production dates less than 6 months old.

If this is the quality of the parts used to build these cars, then no thanks, ill drive something expensive.

Members dont see this ad

Damn shame you can only go up to 4 grand.

I would have said Great Wall V200

Great Wall. To keep the rabbits out ?.

I would also have to agree with OrangeLJ. VR, VS, VT, VX V6 Commodore. Sedan & wags would be in your price range (ute's are overpriced).

Cheap to run and repair. Love long distance cruises. And you'd be surprised how economical the V6's are on a highway run.

Edited by clubby2084

New T3 coilover sleeves, needle bearing upper hats, 5kg/mm springs, camber plates, steering arms and roll center adjusters are on their way.

I'll be selling my current coilover setup soon if anyone is interested: SW20 KYB AGX adjustable inserts, Otomoto(I think) coilover sleeve, King Spring 8kg/mm 200mm springs with helper spring, AJPS roll centre adjusters, AE86 power steering arms, ADM rotors + calipers, all on shortened AE86 struts. It's complete and ready to bolt in :cool:

Edited by rianwest

yeah I'm thinking that but.................. whats cousing it

the tank is pressurised fairly fast maybe that excess pressure behind the pump is making it cavitate

or could a fuel cut be doing funny things

or could it be afm ..................................

The afm shouldn't be the cause with it leaning out. A simple multimeter test on it should find out if its working correctly or not.

Have you thought about getting the injectors looked at?

Edit - stupid phone not letting me do it my way.

Edited by towe001

/start rambling

I'm contemplating a future replacement vehicle for Blue Thing (AE80 hatch), my current daily. Most likely not going to happen until at least mid-next year, I'm just looking around & doing some thinking.

Requirements:

- To be capable of seating 4 adults, doesn't happen often but I'd like the option.

- Have a decent tow capacity, I'm thinking car trailer plus car on it weight. :wink:

- Be capable of carrying large loads SECURELY (i.e lockable canopy over alloy tray is a must, tools & work gear have a habit of going 'missing'...), I have photo evidence of what I have managed fit into my hatchback, so if this can't at least equal that amount, forget it.

- Not have a major flaw in the model i.e oil pumps die regularly, timing chains etc letting go. Minor 'character flaws' like using more oil than expected no matter what I can live with. Just want reliability to be as high as possible, relatively speaking.

- To be 'car-like' to work on (engine under a bonnet, not the front seats) & to drive. Which rules out things like Landcruisers, Pajeros etc as they're just to big for my liking. :(

- NO HOLDEN OR FORD VEHICLES!! Fullstop, end of story, discussion over. :yes:

- Price range, $10 - $12k.

My thoughts have included: Subaru Liberty wagon, Toyota Hilux crew cab with canopy (petrol, diseasal, not fussed), I've even looked at Volvo wagons in a different light now. :P

/end rambling

Your thoughts/suggestions?