Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Off-Topic Thread

Featured Replies

Amusing when they call up telling you that your computer has a virus. And then get confused when you ask which one..

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 391.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You don't have to know it all, that's what the training is for. Know-it-alls are usually smartasses who don't actually know much at all, so they don't get hired. I think you're better off not being on

  • ...

  • Just bought my son a bottle of 18yo chivas regal, gave it to him and he didnt care but i guess its because he turnned one today and has no idea what it is haha. Ill be sharing it with him on his 18th

Posted Images

OK, rules posted in the first thread. As I said, I will be moderating this thread myself.

 

 

Only because the rest of us refused to do it haha.

 

Oh peeps, Dave is a mod now as well for those who didn't notice

hi I'm blah blah blah from the suburb of melbourne,

 

what part of melbourne?

 

melbourne.

 

whats the weather like?

 

sunny?

 

f@$k me its pissing down rain were I'm at!?!?

 

"DONK" beep beep beep beep beep beep

  • Author

So the guy I was buying the 4AGZE AE71 off sold it to someone else, after I told him many times that I was going to buy it. I had been trying to organise with him a time to go pick it up for the last couple of weeks, but he was just too lazy to sort anything out. I even organised a car trailer and tow car. People on boostcruising suck!

Edited by rianwest

Oh peeps, Dave is a mod now as well for those who didn't notice

True !

Congrates Dave

  • Author

ughhh, Uni holidays are over :abuse:

 

Also, what do people think: build custom coilovers or buy BCs?

 

Pros and cons for each?

 

 

Edit: cool vids Dave, that was a quality post.

btw, who is knowone? :P:

Edited by rianwest

Dave comes up with the goods! Antilag rawks.

 

I've no idea of the quality of the BCs but I think I'm in the boat of getting the professionals to do it. Matching springs and shocks to your car is gonna be guess work without the right equipment (shock dyno) and knowledge or just hoping what others have tried is somewhere in the vicinity of optimum. Do it once, do it right.

 

Uni holidays? Man I do exams when the next subject begins. 365 day cycle *sigh*, but hey, leap year next year. Day off!

ughhh, Uni holidays are over :abuse:

 

Also, what do people think: build custom coilovers or buy BCs?

 

Pros and cons for each?

 

 

Edit: cool vids Dave, that was a quality post.

btw, who is knowone? :P:

 

I don't know much building your own costs and I've never heard any complaints about BC's but I've heard good things about HSD's. I think they're around $1000 for a pair.

I don't have any pros or cons unfortunately.

why is no one typing stuff?

:fairy:

:lol:

 

Had to have a chuckle over that mini in the first clip :lol:

  • Author

Dave comes up with the goods! Antilag rawks.

 

I've no idea of the quality of the BCs but I think I'm in the boat of getting the professionals to do it. Matching springs and shocks to your car is gonna be guess work without the right equipment (shock dyno) and knowledge or just hoping what others have tried is somewhere in the vicinity of optimum. Do it once, do it right.

 

Uni holidays? Man I do exams when the next subject begins. 365 day cycle *sigh*, but hey, leap year next year. Day off!

Get outta here, you're loopy. How can you not have a break from uni?

 

So are you for or against BCs? I couldn't quite tell, do you think it's best to leave it to the professionals as in the guys who design BCs etc, or the professionals being the guys with the know-how who match springs to shocks and stuff(for custom coilovers)?

 

I think the BCs mainly come in 8kg front/6kg rear, whereas I want something like 5kg front/4kg rear. But BCs are so cheap! And have camber plates! And base height adjustment! And they are shiny!

Get outta here, you're loopy. How can you not have a break from uni?

 

So are you for or against BCs? I couldn't quite tell, do you think it's best to leave it to the professionals as in the guys who design BCs etc, or the professionals being the guys with the know-how who match springs to shocks and stuff(for custom coilovers)?

 

I think the BCs mainly come in 8kg front/6kg rear, whereas I want something like 5kg front/4kg rear. But BCs are so cheap! And have camber plates! And base height adjustment! And they are shiny!

 

If the BC's are cheap then go ahead. They will be better than your standard suspension setup(if it is standard)but will probably be a bit of a bitch on the road. I don't think I'm going to bother with coilovers. I'm thinking 86 struts with a better shock and have some springs made. Still not sure though..

$1000/pair?

 

for a ltitle bit more than $1000, you could buy 2 ae86 struts, 2 coilover kits. 2 camber plates, 2 bilstein B6 shocks.

 

have the shocks valved appropriatly to your spring and be 10x more comfortable than the guys with BC shocks, and prolly go a fair bit quicker too...

 

or don't worry about the coilvoer kit if you don't intend on adjusting them. and it should cost you less than those BCs.

 

i put BC in the category of "cheap crappy japanese or chinease coilover"

 

in my experience, unless you are full into drifting (ie don't want any grip at all), a good percentage of the jap/chinease coilvoers have rubbish shocks, not designed to control the wheel/tyre....just designed to stop your car bouncing off the track with the 24kg springs that come with them.

 

8kg really is too hard for a ke70, i tried it, it was garbage.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.