Books??

Redwarf

Members dont see this ad
"That's it? There's nothing else?"

"Just a Pot Noodle. Oh, and I found a tin of dog food in the tool cupboard."

"Well. Pretty obvious what gets eaten last........I can't stand pot Noodles."

One of my favourite episodes I must say...

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

So off the back about a nostalgic conversation about classic computer games, I decided to buy a Battletech E-book off amazon. Not too bad so far although there's less battling and more subterfuge.

While we're on the topic of Red Dwarf (the show not the Mod) have any of you guys read the books? Great read, and they really tie in lots of episodes into a full story.

I've read Last Human, but it would be nearly ten years ago (my black Lab ate it when he was a puppy, and he's nearly ten) and it wasn't a bad read.

Have just read Clockwork Orange for the first time, it's been one of those books that I've been meaning to read for years. I didn't find it as disturbing as i thought (was told.....) I would. still a lot to think about though.

Am embarking on Neal Stephenson's latest now, "reamde". About 2.5 million pages long as his later books tend to be, so I'll get back to you on that one in about a month.....

Am embarking on Neal Stephenson's latest now, "reamde". About 2.5 million pages long as his later books tend to be, so I'll get back to you on that one in about a month.....

That reminds me, I still have to go back and try and understand The Diamond Age for the upteenth time...

I liked the Diamond Age. The last couple of chapters screwed with my head, but on the whole I liked it.

Yeah same, it gets better every time you read it but I'm still not 100%. Snow Crash was more accessible overall, and in my mind cooler, but they're both good. Reamde looks cool too, I should pick it up

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants a bit of non fiction, check out Stasiland by Anna Funder. It's all about the crazy shit the east German secret police got up to before the Berlin wall came Down.

Oh and seriously, my favorite piece of non- fiction, possibly my favourite book: Chickenhawk by Robert Mason, an absolutely amazing story about a Vietnam War chopper pilot and his experiences, absolutely mind boggling.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hooked on mark twain. Life on the Mississippi was good, read the Tradgedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson and am now reading the innocents abroad, a biographical recollection of a long trip to europe and the Mediterranean. I'm traveling right now and it's interesting to see that many things haven't changed about tourism in 150 years!

Edited by philbey

Read all of the Wilbur Smith novels. Read a lot of Clive Cussler. Same with Tom Clancy. Currently going through a Jack Higgins phase.

Also have a few of David Morell, Leigh Deighton. Michel Crighton, Evan Green and others in the collection.