Calling Ke70 Wheel Gurus

soo just got my set of those tpi 15x8s 0 offset in the mail...look f@$king sick will need to flare the f@$k outta the guards as they poke out of em by like a inch lol :P but they don't hit the struts or anything ,my problem is that the centre hub doesnt sit flush in the centre of the rim thus leaving all the weight on the studs ( which arnt too flush in the holes on the rim either, can i fix? and how? please help a brother out...is wheel spacers what I'm looking for? or something else ? any help much appriciated :) :) , have attached a detailed schematic on the problem if it helps :P :cool: post-13756-0-92026100-1317110495_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Now for a different opinion! I'm not overly familiar with how the standard ke70 wheels fit BUT the theory is that the load is carried on the hub and the studs are there to keep the wheel pulled in. Theoretically,as the rim is not centred on the load bearing hub it is able to move around and therefore break studs.Now,as I said,that is the theory but stacks of people fit wheels like yours every day and get away with it. Only other suggestion I could give is that you get a couple of collars machined up to take up the slack,have to be a tight pressure fit so they don't rattle out though!

• Upvote 1

ahh k thought so , its just someone once told me that it needs to be flush around the centre hub or else all weight is on studs which is bad, cheers for helpin out a noob lads much appreciated will be using the stock ke70 wheel studs which do have the taper so should be smooth sailing fingers crossed, thanks again for the help :) free link to some dumb shit my mate showed me the other day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWTxyDV60E hahahahaha

Derp galore

Now for a different opinion! I'm not overly familiar with how the standard ke70 wheels fit BUT the theory is that the load is carried on the hub and the studs are there to keep the wheel pulled in. Theoretically,as the rim is not centred on the load bearing hub it is able to move around and therefore break studs

many wrongs have occurred here. Studs don't take vertical load. Hubs don't take vertical load. Friction between surfaces takes the load, and the tensile force through the studs applies the friction.

The hub locates the wheel axially. You can use a ring to fill the gap, tyre joints sell as mentioned. Tapered nuts and shouldered nuts will also locate axially, but you need to have countersinks on your wheels to match the taper, or large holes for shoulders.

Many old small cars don't even have hub centric hubs on the rear

It's all common misconception even I thought wrongly in the past. I've changed now, I'm always right haha.

• Upvote 3