4Agte Ke70 Drift Ute

dbr11k

Yeah, wouldn't be much point in that hahaha. Well at least this is going somewhere. My car has remained relatively untouched for the last few weeks..And it's looking like it will stay that way for a few more...haha. We'll get it done before Matsuri but it would be nice to get some practice in before hand haha.

Keen to see some more progress man!

Members dont see this ad

thanks man, umm it's sort of for a few reasons, one was it was all bent and rusted, the other was so i could get in and weld the RHS brace in properly, the RHS brace also is what my fuel cell will mount too, and i actually think it doesnt look to bad lol, it seperates the car from every other corolla so i decided i'm not going to have a rear bar to cover it..

i got a little bit done today, it's an absolute bitch trying to weld the insides of thos flares but i got a bit of them done.. i run out of welding gas AGAIN, so i got the wizzer out and sanded the dodgey paint off (which pretty much flaked off), stripped everything i could see ready for paint, rear window out, as it needed re sealing anyways, s series diff out (obviously) interior partly stripped ready for paint..

i made a massive mess of my perfectly bog free rear flares after welding the inside skin back on, so that is going to need a coat of bog as well.. like i said at the start of the build, this isnt going to win any sort of show and shine awards, and i'm starting to get sick of it not being finished, so i am going to cut a few corners... as long as the paint is shiny lol.. any dents and stickers will fix that haha

Interior completely stripped, all sound deadener off, seam sealed all my welds, coat of the good old bog on q few of the rough bits.. forecast 4 days of heavy rain so I give her a coat of prepsol and threw it under a car cover. Can't wait to see at least a coat of primer on this thing !!

Edited by dbr11k

Haha thanks man, I'm just sick of seeing it the way it is in a million pieces... Also where is your build thread??? I can't seem to find it..

I managed to get one picture today, but my phone went flat and I wanted to get into it

post-7096-0-79567400-1341821594_thumb.jpg

Oh and this is what I'm spending my tax money on... Maybe, I have a lot if debts to pay but this just seems so much more worth it.

post-7096-0-29555800-1341821705_thumb.png

My threads in "KE70.com" up the top there. Pics are a bit all over the shop. When we started the conversion I had so many freaking pics to deal with I think I ended up packing it in. Duplicates n shit everywhere haha.

Do like the trailer. I need one.

Still got a bit to go yet but it's not far off now.

Yeah but while we're buzzing around in 130hp rusters (mine anyway) you'll overtake us sideways hahaha

Hey mine is nearly rust free

Yeah lol I've only spent a max 3k including the car......

Your budget is a bit bigger! haha

My budget was 10g max... I've pretty much doubled that and more now hahah .. and mine probably had more rust in it than your two out together.. I really don't care anymore.. fiberglass fixes everything lol.