My Six Fo' Lac - 1964 Cadillac Coupe De Ville

Chobis

Members dont see this ad

It needs......... precisely nothing.

Awesome score, and a damn fine choice, thanks to you for sharing this gorgeous piece of automotive history :cool:

Yep I agree. My plans for it are..... precisely nothing. Maintain and enjoy.

Lowering was a thought, but as it is it scrapes over speed humps due to the long wheel base, so it's not going down unless it cops some air-ride.

Here's the requested pics. Keep in mind I'm a 6'4" tall fella, so this is a pretty damn large boot.

IMG_3241-1.jpg

IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

how much did this little gem set you back if you don't mind me asking . seen them on car-sales for around 40-65k for something like this.

A '64 wouldn't be in that price range. '59's will be that and more. I paid an undisclosed sum :wink:

I think the only thing I would do to this is maybe clean up the engine bay a little bit. make it look as perfectly brand new as the exterior. but that's being picky haha! don't lower it!

Yeh might clean up the bay at some stage. Would prefer to spend that time cruising rather than cleaning though. :wink:

The exterior looks better in photo's than it really is. It's the interior that is mind blowing.

It shall not be lowered. Maybe someday a full custom Mexican re-duco and hydraulic suspension though. Hehe.

"You can make babies on those seats...." <---------Wife's comment!

Haha. No comment.

Edited by Chobis

Oh man these things are BUILT for slammage.

I had a '65 Belair and they are waaaaay too easy (read: temptingly easy) to drop on their guts.

Also, there is nothing that looks more awesome than a car the size of a truck barrelling down the road 5cm off the deck.

You'd want bags though. I couldn't afford them at the time, consequently the Bel was extremely limited in where it could be driven :P

• 10 months later...

Just some new photo's from a recent day out. The Lac has been dormant for most of the last 12 months with some technical issues, however they have mostly been ironed out and now just looking forward to some rain free weather to get some cruising done.

PB_01.jpg

PB_02.jpg

PB_03.jpg

PB_04.jpg