Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rip Marco Simoncelli!!!

Featured Replies

RIP Marco!! Will be a tragic loss to the MotoGP community.

 

Stu.

  • Author

Was a very nasty crash indeed!!

Hope they complete the season in his honor!! Was only talking to a mate last night about him being world champ in 2-3 years.

Communication between the organizers and the general public was a bit poor(at the track) Imagine the booing fans felt really small after hearing what happened.

 

Stu.

Heard about this tonight. After seeing the crash footage there isn't really anything to be able to explain the feeling that you get :S

Condolences to his friends and family.

I haven't see the crash footage and after reading a brief account I'm avoiding it at all costs. Sounds absolutely horrific and a terrible loss.

Edit to my comment - Just watched it again, its all over youtube. Yes Colin hid Marco...... but valentino (who's really good mates with Marco as well) ran over his head and destroyed his helmet. He must have dies instantly I reckon.

 

 

I saw the crash live so not too apposed to watching it again, but out of respect maybe we ask that no-one posts the link here. Go to youtube if you're that way inclined.

I've been watching motoGP and Superbikes since I can remember, this is the second time I've seen it happen , 1st being in SBK at Brans Hatch also started from a highside and ended in the same way. This is such a sad event , he was truely the next big thing even grabbing some poduims this year on a not so hot or quick bike.

 

Simoncelli and Rossi we very close friends sharing the same nationality and the same crazy style of racing, I think we might be in for some shocking news of Rossi taken a season off or retiring . He is not having such a Flash season, with Ducati Development being way off the ball and now him being involved in this will be playing in his mind , we shall see.

 

Simoncelli will be truely missed.

.....He is not having such a Flash season, with Ducati Development being way off the ball and now him being involved in this will be playing in his mind , we shall see.

 

Don't forget MotoGP is going back to 1000cc next year, which should be much more in Ducati's comfort zone.

I hear what you're saying but I reckon Valentino would also be hanging for his 2012 bike! :yes:

He was brash & at times, borderline reckless.

 

He didn't deserve this though, RIP Marco Simoncelli.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.