Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lola - Ke55 4a-gze

Featured Replies

  • Replies 416
  • Views 155.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

It has also been suggested to me that I cut the bushes down in size. I'm a bit adverse to this advice though, so I'll try heating them and we'll see what happens.

 

Racing today though, so this won't happen until next week at the earliest.

Ohh racing....wish i could do that. Need a locker first and some shockproof in the gbox :hammer:

  • Author

Well, I went racing on Sunday (23.7.06), had a good first stint, but in the second stint I suddenly had problems. The engine wouldn't respond to the throttle very well, and it didn't accelerate nearly as hard as it should.

 

Then it wouldn't start for the third race. I figured this might have been because it sometimes has problems picking up fuel when there's less than half a tank, but filling it up didn't fix anything. I looked under the bonnet and straight away discovered that a wire to one of the coil packs had come loose. I was too late to race, but at least she was running.

 

For the fourth race, I got her started, made my way to the form-up grid, then went and started to do the warm-up lap. But as I made my way out onto the track, the throttle response was horrible. I'd floor the accelerator and the speed would very slowly increase, and not by very much. She sounded horrible, and I was flooring the accelerator to try and keep up with everyone else while warming up. It felt like she was only running on two cylinders, so I pulled into the pits as I finished the warm-up lap and then trailered the car. I haven't taken a good look at her yet, but it doesn't feel good. If it's anything really serious, it may be the end of me racing till at least next year, as I can't really afford to have her rebuilt at the moment.

  • Author

Of course, if I'm going to have get a rebuild done (and I've got no idea if this will be needed yet), I may as well get her turned into a 7A-GTE at the same time and save myself from having her rebuilt now and rebuilt (and built up) again later.

checked the plugs? :P

  • Author

I know that one wasn't firing. I'm hoping it just needs replacing. And I just realised, I thought I had changed them in the past, but I'd actually just bought the new plugs but never installed them. So a fresh set of plugs will be going in shortly and we'll see if that makes a difference.

  • Author

I went around to a guy's house today to pick up some 4A-GZE intake bits that he had no use for. I didn't know if I'd have any use for them, but rather than see them go to the tip, I figured I'd take them off his hands 'just in case I ever need them'. Below are the main parts:

 

post-397-1154160293.jpg

 

As you can see there's a 4A-GZE intake manifold, throttle body with intake & outlet pipes & ABV, as well as a crank pulley, SC pulley, distributor, timing cover and exhaust manifold. Most of the parts will probably never be used, but I've got them as spares if required.

 

After putting these bits in the back of the car, the guy then asked if I wanted a seat to suit my Corolla, to which I replied 'definitely' as the scrutineers had been picking on mine for having a wobbly back. He says that the rails will go straight into my model Corolla, but I'll test it before I'm certain.

 

post-397-1154160613.jpg

 

Then we got chatting about where I was going with my Corolla (turn's out he's just put Corona disc brakes on the rear of his AE86), and I said I had RX7 calipers and that I was going to track down some Corona struts. Then he went out back and grabbed some and gave them to me for nothing (along with the rest)!!!

 

post-397-1154161040.jpg

 

WOO-HOO!!! Now I'm going to be investigating the cost of a coilover conversion kit for Corona struts.

 

Very huge massive big thanks to Duy for all the parts.

whoa what a champion guy

ke70 xx seat...nice!

and that guy gives me new faith in the heart of corolla drivers :)

...what about me? Ima nice person :) hell i even give my shit away...

 

ancullen - tell that dude to share the wealth :jamie: i mean knowledge

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.