Dukes Of Hazard Style

sharpshane

Today I took an offramp a little fast for the rain and locked the brakes into a skid causing me to fly over the mediun(center divider like sidewalk size) and smashed my oil pan pretty good. :bash: I think I damaged the oil pump and will have to pull off the pan to take a look. Any one expierence something similiar or tips on pulling this thing off? I know I'll have to raise the engine out a few to get to it. Tricks and tips appreciated! :sob:

Members dont see this ad

If the impact caused that much damage to your sump, what happened to your front end suspension and steering components? Just a thought if you want have a once over of that too or get a new wheel aliment to help stop this thing occurring again.

As stated before, go for the engine crane idea with everything unbolted. Get the car as high (safely) as you can as it will help you in the long run.

Best of luck

I was fortunate enough to borrow a guys lift at his shop. Unbolted the mounts, and raised engine, pan out easy as spam! :dance: I went to take the pan off and heard some parts rattling in there, not good, I thought. Turns out I snapped the oil pump in half. :bash: I will be installing the new one today and hopefully all is well. Pix will be attatched tonight.

The suspension is ok I think, drivers side strut bar bracket got smashed so ill try to pick one up from the junk yard. I just pulled those off and painted them too and put all new bushings in! :sob:

Thanks everybody!~

• 3 weeks later...