Rians Ke70

rian

Pretty sure he has an AE86 one. And if the AE86 radiator mounts the same way as AE82 (see picture), then you should be able to grab some lower radiator brackets off an AE82 and use those, as one of the AE82 radiator brackets bolts on and one is welded on. So you could get 2 of the bolt-on AE82 radiator brackets and bolt them to a KE70 radiator support.

I think the AE82 lower radiator brackets are the ones on the top right, above the radiator:

waterproof063.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Did a few things recently:

- fitted new 2" exhaust system

- cured the paint on the exhaust system

- fitted AE71 radiator

- made a bracket for the external thermostat housing

- fixed an annoying fuel issue that I had

- found a broken vacuum line in the TVIS system, replaced it and gained an extra 6.3x1010 RWKW

- DID NOT GET TO BRING IT BACK TO BRISBANE!!! GRRRRR

I found a problem in the thermo fan switch circuit, I must have removed a wire somewhere when I cleaned up the wiring loom because the thermo fan does not turn on. I'm going to wire the fan again from scratch because I can't be bothered going through the original wiring to find the problem :down:

Shitty phone pics:

post-9612-0-18063600-1360985419_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-43683600-1360985436_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-26257500-1360985464_thumb.jpg

Really needs a wash too!

Edited by rian

How long has it been siting there?

hahaha

The car has been in that shed for 14 months! But it does drive, I've had it out of the shed many times in the past few months for testing/skids in the rain. The conversion is almost completely finished and the car will be on the road soon ;). The only reason it's taken so long is that I hardly ever get to work on it because it's so far away from me.

Looking good man.

Thanks man.

Have you got yours wired yet?

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated this in ages!

The car is now at my place in Brisbane, I'm getting it ready for the engineer's certificate and a roadworthy check.

post-9612-0-35048400-1367830523_thumb.jpg

Took out the coilovers that came with the car and put the standard struts back in, this is how the front end sits until the coilovers from the blue KE70 go into the brown car:

post-9612-0-89666600-1367830756_thumb.jpg

Almost ready to put my HEL braided brake lines in:

post-9612-0-62587000-1367830853_thumb.jpg

Got myself a fixed-back for when I go to the track:

post-9612-0-56690700-1367830899_thumb.jpg

When I brought the car up from Byron Bay to Brisbane, I also brought all the left-over parts I had. I really need to sell some of this stuff some I can get some space back , not that I had much space to start with:

post-9612-0-58974900-1367830940_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-11175600-1367830961_thumb.jpg

I have spoken to the engineer and he will be coming to certify the car soon, I just want to get everything sorted out and tidied up before I book it in.

Edited by rian

I was going to drive it up but getting an unregistered vehicle permit in NSW was too much effort. It worked out cheaper to bring it up on a trailer so that's what I did, plus there was no chance of it breaking down on a trailer ;)

I did have some trouble getting it up the driveway though. There was no way we were going to fit the trailer in the driveway so we took the car off and drove it in, but not even planks of wood could stop the exhaust from scraping. Even with those coilovers maxed out I still could not achieve a legal height.

Edited by rian

• 1 month later...

Bought a pair of wheels: Hartge 15x7, offset is +19 which means I'm less likely to get defected. All that matters is I can fit 195/50 and still have fully functional suspension. Plus they look cool and are 3-piece, made in Japan too!

post-9612-0-96643400-1370601269_thumb.jpg

post-9612-0-11012900-1370601299_thumb.jpg

If anyone wants to sell a pair of 15x7/8 wheels let me know, I'd much like to get another pair of wheels in a similar size.

Edited by rian

Bought another pair of wheels, Work Ewing mesh 15x7.5 +10. Now I can run 195/50 all round which I am stoked about.

However I chucked the wheels on my daily KE70 and the thing tracks/bumpsteers like crazy, I've never had that problem with the standard wheels. Is this a normal occurrence when running wide tyres? I should also add that I got a wheel alignment not too long ago.

I wouldn't go toe in! Whats your current toe?

Bigger wheels tend to "exaggerate" wheel alignments (in my experience)

Gemstones are fairly average tyres but have no idea if that made a difference

But really i've learnt to do is play around with everything (tyre pressure, camber, ride height, etc etc)

Until you find what is best