Pre Xmas Brisbane Cruise

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

admitedly ive only been on that road once....its good fun though, just have to be becareful of the bridges, wood isnt as grippy as road.

i only discovered it as my mate lives at coomera, and we usually do nebo, but this was a bit closer so we gave it a go. its certainly not as long as nebo, but good fun none the less.

i drove from the highwy end to about where i placed that marker, then did a u turn and came back...at about midnight...

there would be bbq's long there somewhere.

here is another proposal,

heres my route on nebo that i usually do with a few mates,

the place for bbq'ing is mt glorious, we have had a few bbqs there, gotta make your own fire.

this route you get nebo, glorious, bbq, do a u turn, glorious bit of nebo, down through samford, to the pie shop for an apple pastry (at samford), and head on home through the city, or wherever you live.

attempting my internet skills again....

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Waterworks+Rd&daddr=Mount+Nebo+Rd+to:Northbrook+Parkway+to:Main+St&hl=en&ll=-27.363535,152.83287&spn=0.242097,0.445976&sll=-27.367651,152.855015&sspn=0.060522,0.111494&geocode=Few_Xf4dGLwdCQ%3BFdinXv4dZBMbCQ%3BFexbX_4dcMIZCQ%3BFS5SXv4dmN0cCQ&vpsrc=6&mra=mi&mrsp=3&sz=14&t=h&z=12

start at A

drive through to C - BBQ area

drive back to B, take a left down to samford.

apple pie at D.

there are heaps of BBQs at the spot i showed at C, you just have to make your own fire. (wood usually provided, but we usually take a few newspapers to get us going)

alot more driving involved here than the other route. its the good stuff.

I'm happy to help out on this one, i can bring some foods etc. sausages/onions on bread usually does the trick. easy too.

oh and to make life easier, i propse we meet atthe BP on water works road, a few k's from the start of the drive. shown here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=BP+waterworks+road+qld+the+gap&hl=en&sll=-27.443773,152.952175&sspn=0.025441,0.069695&vpsrc=0&doflg=ptk&hq=BP&hnear=Waterworks+Rd,+The+Gap+Queensland+4061,+Australia&t=h&z=15

(how awesome are my internet skillz)

Edited by ke70dave

here is another proposal,

heres my route on nebo that i usually do with a few mates,

the place for bbq'ing is mt glorious, we have had a few bbqs there, gotta make your own fire.

this route you get nebo, glorious, bbq, do a u turn, glorious bit of nebo, down through samford, to the pie shop for an apple pastry (at samford), and head on home through the city, or wherever you live.

attempting my internet skills again....

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Waterworks+Rd&daddr=Mount+Nebo+Rd+to:Northbrook+Parkway+to:Main+St&hl=en&ll=-27.363535,152.83287&spn=0.242097,0.445976&sll=-27.367651,152.855015&sspn=0.060522,0.111494&geocode=Few_Xf4dGLwdCQ%3BFdinXv4dZBMbCQ%3BFexbX_4dcMIZCQ%3BFS5SXv4dmN0cCQ&vpsrc=6&mra=mi&mrsp=3&sz=14&t=h&z=12

start at A

drive through to C - BBQ area

drive back to B, take a left down to samford.

apple pie at D.

there are heaps of BBQs at the spot i showed at C, you just have to make your own fire. (wood usually provided, but we usually take a few newspapers to get us going)

alot more driving involved here than the other route. its the good stuff.

I'm happy to help out on this one, i can bring some foods etc. sausages/onions on bread usually does the trick. easy too.

oh and to make life easier, i propse we meet atthe BP on water works road, a few k's from the start of the drive. shown here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=BP+waterworks+road+qld+the+gap&hl=en&sll=-27.443773,152.952175&sspn=0.025441,0.069695&vpsrc=0&doflg=ptk&hq=BP&hnear=Waterworks+Rd,+The+Gap+Queensland+4061,+Australia&t=h&z=15

(how awesome are my internet skillz)

This looks like a good route, it'll be a wise choice too as I think I'm the only one coming from south of the city.