Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Started with this

IMAG0577.jpg

ended with this.

pnut.jpg

All I gotta say is f.uck yeah, love it.

I'm not gonna document the whole boring process suffice to say it took a bit of fibreglass bog and a shit load of sanding.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Nice work bud looking straight

pram styles lol I've just picked a dx up for 600 off a lady who's nana owned it from new b4 she passed away ,I done the whole door knock trick Haha and now its in pieces in my garage Will get it on da road again one day

So I don't get paid till tonight and no sign of viral money so I decided to do what little I could without funds.

Adjusted the clutch at the pedal, feels a lot better.

Jacked it up to check my reverse light plug on the gearbox, and its missing. Must have shaken loose and unplugged from the loom.

And mounted the new Navara side markers on the fender mirrors.

They are a bit big but a lot more slimline and square, I like 'em. Best of all they work really good and are visible in the sun.

IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

IMAG0610.jpg

I may clean it if I can keep the motivation going, definitely needs it.

EDIT: Clean, jeez that angle of the sun really makes those dents stand out.

IMG_8502.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Seems that every time I check this thread you have 50 different issues with the car, then sort it out and then change something and improve its look again...

Wish it was that easy with the coon...

Seeing as I am going to the drive in tomorrow and last time I had some serious rattles from my shitty speaker tray I decided to rectify the problem.

Out came the shitty 5mm plywood temp one I made for Cop Bait, the speakers just sat in there and rattled. Used it as a template. Re-positioned the speaker holes as these holes were out by miles, Cop Bait had the rear tray hacked up so they could fit in the old holes.

IMAG0611.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

Had to cut out a hole for the car seat mount, rounded the front edge so no sharp edges for the belt to rub on.

IMAG0613.jpg

Ran some industrial sticky foam along the window edge to make a tight fit.

IMAG0614.jpgIMAG0615.jpg

Wrapped and jammed in. Solid 16mm MDF this time.

IMAG0616.jpg

Made a plug for when there is no car seat.

IMAG0617.jpg

Recovered front speaker mounts too, they were just painted before.

IMAG0618.jpg

IMAG0620.jpg

Finished bit hard to see but sounds 100% better

IMAG0619.jpg

Cleaned up my AMP grounds to try and eliminate the speaker whine but it must be the HU ground. CBF thats enough for today.

IMAG0619.jpg

Cheers Dave, the front door cards are quite a mess so had to make them like that to cover the hack job by the last owner.

But they kinda worked out well anyway. And mounting the speakers to a solid bit of MDF definitely improves the sound quality.

Just that annoying whine, driving me batty.

whats your setup?

RCA-->amp--> speakers

?

i have had success in fixing speaker whines before.

basically where the RCA joints the stereo, run a wire between the outside of the RCA and the chassis of the stereo,

you sorta gota wedge the wire into the rca, make sure you don't short the RCA pin to the outer ring.

Dunno what it does, but it has worked a charm many times. i have a feeling it has something to do with the HU and amp having different grounds, and different potentials.......or some crap. and this gives it a common ground.

Edited by ke70dave