Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

So when idling it will rev high low high low high low.

Unplug the MAP, revs fine. Vac hose is not blocked.

Anyone got a spare they can donate till I have cash to buy one? Or one that def works I can use to see if thats the problem?

Is the lack of an O2 sensor and cold start causing these problems?

sounds more like the computer is hunting..is it a stock ecu?

^^THIS^^ Had a guy (slim4ages) bring one to me at home with the same issue, cooling system and ICV was all good, no air locks, Idled up to 3000rpm with the map sensor plugged in, unplug it and it was fine.

I ended up putting my ecu into his and it did the same thing (FARK) so we swapped his back in, I ended up just doing a diagnostic and ECU reset on his and the problem went away.

Do a reset and see what happens, use number 2 in 'my personal addition' http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Series:A/Model/AE80/82/4age_Diagnostic_System

To this day I am still stumped as to why mine did the same thing but ran fine in mine, I doubt that resetting the ecu resets the toyota sensors aswell.

*sigh

this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is talk of shitbox 4 motors :|

Fixed.

i'll have a look in my box of bits in the shed,i know there is a computer and may have a map sensor as well. i'm in the wrong state but if ya get really stuck could maybe post em up for test purposes(would need em back though). i'll let ya know what i have tomorrow. water level ok? my gti used to hunt when level was low causing coolant temp to have dramas.

Cheers Trev. Will give it a go. :y: :y: :y:

If I can work out how to. Damn I'm a useless n00b still.

Gooogle says just unplug it??? For 10 minutes?

Unplug what though?

Just remove the negative battery terminal completely and touch it against the positive terminal.