Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Ok so the alternator wasn't getting power. Traced it back as far as I could but couldn't find the problem. The main charge cable snapped because of some of the shittiest wiring ever. Had to pull the rad out to get to it.

Couldn't find a good 'run' power source for the alt so I've tapped into the main engine fuse next to the steering wheel.

Pretty much everything was going smooth then it started raining and my car is outside.

It's amazing all this seemed to happen at once but I think it stemmed from the main alt cable shorting shit out.

The main alt charge cable was about 6different pieces all wired together. Gettouh azz bruz.

Also thanks to Trev again. You are awesome at explaining shit when you ain't even there. Would of been lost otherwise.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

The dodgy wiring was down near the radiator in the worst place.

IMAG0458.jpg

Had to pull the rad out. Rewire all the dodgy.

IMAG0459.jpg

This bit was sandwiched between the rad and chassis.

IMAG0461.jpg

Prettied it up a but.

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

Getting good charge and idling at about a grand.

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

Having issues still but I'm hoping its a really flat or totally useless battery.

EDIT: It started sweet with the coon hooked up

EDIT 2: Charged it up and did another ECU reset. Did a diagnostic and got an all is fine light.

Took it for a spin and all was good. Driving like a dream and its even raining so gave the locker a workout (back roads).

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Also thanks to Trev again. You are awesome at explaining shit when you ain't even there. Would of been lost otherwise.

No worries man, just glad to see it is all sorted.

Having issues still but I'm hoping its a really flat or totally useless battery.

EDIT: It started sweet with the coon hooked up

EDIT 2: Charged it up and did another ECU reset. Did a diagnostic and got an all is fine light.

Took it for a spin and all was good. Driving like a dream and its even raining so gave the locker a workout (back roads).

:2thumbs:

• Upvote 1

No worries man, just glad to see it is all sorted.

:2thumbs:

dancing.gif

Worst bit is ill have to redo some of it as I ran out of supplies, its not ghetto but I'd like it to be tidier.

Everything closes at midday in Beerwah on a Sunday.

At least Ill be fixing my own shit and not someone else's.