Peanut Bait

B.L.Z.BUB

Members dont see this ad

Was bored and had all of this sitting in my garage tempting me.

IMAG1025.jpg

Decided to be productive and build my struts, then realised I either want to get my rotors machined and slotted or get new ones. Plus I have no bolts as Ill probably use most of the ones off my old struts.

Then I realised nothing was painted anyway. Out came the rust kill. (Yes I am aware how cheap I am, but this shit is tough as nails and I'm not building a show car).

IMG_9102.JPG

IMG_9103.JPG

IMG_9104.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG

IMG_9108.JPG

IMG_9109.JPG

IMG_9110.JPG

Probably going to run the XT brakes, unless I find the other 60 series caliper. Can always upgrade as Ill have the pajero cylinder in anyway.

Its still not dry. :D

So I got off work early and thought I'd do a gearbox flush to see if that would help with the gear change issues I've been having.

I get under there and do an inspection of things and notice the clutch fork boot is missing, and the fork has a bit of play in it.

I then realised because of the bit of play in it the bloody thing is hitting the extractor - exhaust flange stopping the fork about half way. Nice design!

So me being me, out came a dodgy but effective fix.

IMAG1030.jpg

IMAG1031.jpg

I should of got a pic of how close it is before but you can get the idea from this.

IMAG1033.jpg

So now it changes fine, and reverse is the easiest gear to get into now :o

Also, don't buy Gemstone tyres off eBay or anywhere.

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

Yeah thats true, might take a few mm off to increase the clearance.

Need a boot asap too, wish there was a Pick A Part up on the coast. Might get lucky at a part store they are the same as heaps of other toyotas supposedly.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Is the clutch fork actually secured to the gearbox? There should be a little metal clip on the clutch fork that slides over the pivot point on the gearbox and 'clicks' in to holds it in place. It shouldn't have too much movement once it's clicked in.

Yeah the boot's are the same as many other FWD corollas, that's where I got mine from.

Edited by rian

Is the clutch fork actually secured to the gearbox? There should be a little metal clip on the clutch fork that slides over the pivot point on the gearbox and 'clicks' in to holds it in place.

I think this is the issue. Can it be resolved with the box in or is it a box out job?