The Norwegian Ke70

Stamsaas

Both Recaros are in place :dance:

20120206_205657.jpg

Had to redo the brackets on the first seat to get the driver chair in center to the steering wheel, and passenger seat is ready. Really good seats to sit in! :yes: And what a great fun this car is on the snow! Only thing is the 4-speed, 2.gear is just a bit short, and 3.gear is just a bit long. Still is able to lay sideways on 3.gear doh ;)

Have also taken out the rear seats :)

Next project is to redo the exhaust because it have been done a really bad job on it, so its constantly banging the floor. And try to build some custom coilovers after that :dance:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips :) but the only problem is that the Ke70 is extremly rare here in norway, and the parts price is high, when or if the parts are found. I have a plan on engine swap with the time, so can't buy expencive engine/driveline parts that wil be remowed later on :)

Have anyone here swaped the rear exhaust silencer? I must fix mine, and was thinking of put on another one to Get a bit more sound. I have a universal muffler just laying, and was thinking of jusing that, but is afraid it will sound too much? :) It is of the cheap Kind, so maybe I should wait to I can aford a better one?

Edited by Stamsaas

I have a universal muffler

-that's all you need. Anything that will fit will do, then worry about the noise after you've tried it.

If you have a welder you can always cut one side of the muffler open, re-arrange the insides and weld the panel back up. I did a few just to see what was inside and removed the diversion valve spring on one of them.

Yes I think I will test it. Problably it will be loud ass he**, and must get something else, but time will show :) Have some more pics here now;

20120209_161202.jpg

20120209_161212.jpg

Recaros :happy:

20120209_161233.jpg

20120209_161248.jpg

Really looking forward to get it lowered and get som wheels on it :) Will I meet any problems with lowering the rear? If i get it 15cm down, what else do i have to do? :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Did fix the exhaust the other day, a good friend of mine have a own garage, where we have our cars :)

20120216_175505.jpg

Startet with remove the trailer copling (?) and welded up the new universal muffler. before:

20120216_181928.jpg

And the final result. nice to get the rear more clean, and got the muffler pointing a bit to the side :)

20120216_205657.jpg

The sound was not as loud as I was afraid it would be, it just got alot deeper, and ofcourse, a bit louder :) Sounds good, just a bit lack of performence :rolls:

Anyone lowered Ke70 down 10cm or so on coilovers? Do I have to do something with the rear axle mounting with 10cm lowering, or can I just drop it down? :)

Great! :y: Thanks ;) Will get it down closer to the summer, still winter here. I can try to get a video of the sound and maybe some snow driving :) and I have a plan of a custom coilovers setup, and if that work out as I hope I will share it with you, and you can get coilovers at a very low price :)

The Volvo 240 is a funny thing :) lowered, full rollcage, bucketseats, 6point seatbelts, fuelcell in the trunck and chevy 350 v8 that was buildt up on only brand new part, to handle 1300hp. It has been driven as N/A 400hp but now the engine is out to get twin turbo :)

• 4 weeks later...

Long time since last time here now. Havent had time or money to do anything with the Ke70, but today I picked up some new wheels :) It is 8x14 and 9x14 with 175/50-14 on all 4. These are 4x100 and ET35, so I will be running wheeladapters to 4x100. There is also much more of 4x100 wheels to get than 4x114. I was out measuring the size of the adapters, and think about 50mm on the rear and 30mm on the front will be ok. What do you guys think? is front; 8x14 ET5 and rear; 9x14 ET-15 ok? :)

Have some pics, neeeeeeds lowering! :)

20120318_172727.jpg

20120318_191425.jpg

20120318_191435.jpg

20120318_191445.jpg

20120318_191459.jpg

• 3 weeks later...