69 第十 カローラ (Ke10 Corolla)

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

Waiting on parts!! T18 brakes wont be an option as the stub axles would be knackered by the time i got them off.

So back on the hunt for brakes to get this thing low!

Need to get the passenger celica seat mounted. My god are they a massive improvement!!

Thinking about these.. Not usually one for fender mirrors. but i think these would suit. Not not insanely tall and you can change the angle.

Thoughts?

Capture.jpg

• Upvote 1

^ I'm just glad they came! It's Australia post's fault.

Auspost seem to be pretty unreliable ATM!

It took a week and a half for a sample to arrive at work recently.

They should work really well Jono.

I hope so, Going to get this front end sorted first. Just need to figure out my balljoint situation and brakes and then i'm set

Thinking these will have to wait until i get ke30/55 rear axles in it.. Stiff/ static low on 155 wide 12's seems very very loopable

Fiddled with my shocks today and figured out how you adjust them. It's pretty balla! Fair old school.

adjust.jpg

Old shocks out. Apparently, These were classed as shocks back in the 60's...

IMAG0022.jpg

New shocks in

IMAG0034.jpg

Going to need a 175/50 or 165/55 and a minor guard roll to get as low as i'd like..

IMAG0031.jpg

I got these of "Benzo" on here, They're Te27 shocks. I had an educated guess at them fitting. Ke20 fits in ke10, and te27 fits in ke20 so.. They fit!

The only thing you have to worry about really is the width of the eye at the bottom of the shock fitting inbetween the plates

I paid $150 which i thought was pretty decent, They feel pretty fresh and there's a lot of adjustment in them, Right now with just shocks alone the rear end is rock hard with minimal movement

The only other thing i'll have to watch is that the handbrake cable sits very close to the fatter shocks, both tensioned and loose